CQ Mag back to their old tricks

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WR3V, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’ll give it till he 15th of the month and if nothing arrives, I’ll get a hold of the circulation department like I have in the past. What has happened many times is, I’ll contact them, they’ll promptly get me a replacement magazine in the mail and almost on cue they both the original magazine and the replacement magazine will show up one after the other....o_O

Very frustrating....I been with them continuously going on 5 years now....but like @KR4BD stated, I think I am done, once this scrip runs out I more than likely will not renewing my print subscription. I may consider (as much as I hate it) a digital scrip though. :(

For those of you that are CQ digital subscribers, is it through email only and is it pretty much a PDF document they send out? If I had to go digital, I would much prefer a format like the League’s magazine app. Not sure I would like a PDF type magazine...:confused:

K0UO and W4NNF like this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not a .pdf, I'm afraid. They use the Zinio reader business. They notify you of a new issue being available via email, and you open the Zinio app and download it. Not really a big deal...it works OK, and as I said, I generally just read the issue once and that is it. There may be a way to convert articles to .pdf, but I have not looked for/tried that. ;)

KE0GXN likes this.
  3. KE0GXN

I actually prefer a app option instead of a pdf. Thanks!

W4NNF and K0UO like this.
  4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

It's Zinio and it always arrives on time :)

KE0GXN likes this.
  5. KE0GXN

My December issue arrived today.....right on time! :rolleyes:

K0UO and WE4B like this.