CQ Mag back to their old tricks

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WR3V, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

On a whim, I applied for a WPX about a year ago and didn't send any money with the application. Instead, I told them to apply the fee to what they owed me. I got the certificate in less than 3-weeks!

wpx-1.jpeg.jpeg

I don't know if telling them to apply the fee to what they owed me had any effect. But, I did get the certificate.

Things are now on 8.5-inch X 11-inch paper instead of the old larger format. In addition, the paper quality is not as good as in the past. But, at least they don't sent you a jpeg and tell you to print your own copy.

Glen, K9STH

WJ4U, K0UO and N3AWS like this.
  2. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I certainly hope that they don't have a credit card account for you in their records. But if they do, then I'd watch my statements very closely for any fraudulent charges.

K0UO likes this.
  3. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

AWS:

Fraudulent charges are not all that common even from companies that are having financial problems like CQ Magazine is having. What you need to verify is that, when you signed up for your subscription, etc., in the "small print", you didn't authorize automatic renewal.

I know that I have been "got by" that a few times over the years.

Glen, K9STH

K0UO likes this.
  4. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Holy smokes......(a day late), but it arrived almost on the actual month! 5894433E-77F5-4CF2-8517-61924510C6B7.jpeg

K0UO likes this.
  5. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I've had very good luck the few times I have contested a charge on my credit card.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, I know...BAD, BAD OL' CQ MAGAZINE.

HOWEVER...credit where credit is due. The 75th anniversary issue was very good indeed. One of the best ham magazine issues--maybe one of the best magazine issues of any kind--I've read in a long time.

upload_2020-2-1_18-30-25.jpeg

KE0GXN likes this.
  7. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What I don't understand is why can I get my WPX award and even the endorsements in a few weeks and 8+ months later I'm still waiting for my approved and confirmed WAZ award. Can someone help me understand what is going on?

Glenn
    K4ZOT

8. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

They must have a lot of respect for Glen. Not only did they get his certificate out to him, they also featured his byline on the cover.

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Some things man was not meant to know, including the nature and logic behind the doings at CQ magazine... ;)

N3AWS likes this.
  10. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to apply for WPX awards for which I qualify but between it going on 12 months of not receicing my WAZ and seeing how much it would cost to validate my LoTW credits, i decided against it. . .

upload_2020-2-3_14-42-4.png

WJ4U likes this.