CQ Mag back to their old tricks

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WR3V, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you pay for your subscription with a credit card?

If so, you could always request a refund from you financial institution, on the grounds that the service is no longer being provided. Now this, of course, depends on the policies of your financial institution, and time limits may come into play as well. But it can't hurt to ask. Who knows? The rep you talk with at the financial institution just might be willing to make a phone call on your behalf, and see if that shakes the tree...

Just a thought.

K0UO likes this.
  2. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Why bother. 3 issues left and I'm done with these lying bums. BTW, Thursday January 9th and no December print issue. Oh Rich, are you listening? Are you proud of your actions? The silence is deafening.

WB8NUT and K0UO like this.
  3. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Friday, January 10. Nada. What will it be this year Rich, combined issue, skip a month, plea for forgiveness, or just the rank disregard for your customers?

N3AWS and WB8NUT like this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why should they profit at your expense? But, hey, it’s your choice.

WB8NUT likes this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.
  7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I won a sub to them at the last (Dayton) Hamvention.

I KNOW the people that conducted the drawings did their work properly..they sent me a copy of the email with my information that was sent to CQ Mag, I never heard anything from CQ.
    Yeah, perhaps I could have pursued it and contacted CQ directly and asked what the problem was.

But, based on other comments regarding delivery, I just didn't. I wanted to see for myself what would happen.

Bottom line, they (CQ Mag) promised something and never delivered it.

After a while, it seems to be a common scenario.

I'm dun with them.

N3AWS and K0UO like this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's very sad, it's something that many of us enjoyed reading over the years their different Publications and they served a purpose in the contest and DX world.

But they've screwed it up pretty good this time, which is the last time for the many of the posters here on QRZ.

If they can't run a business they need to get out, and turn the DX contesting section over to some reputable clubs/ while it still has value or they will totally ruin that too. However they may have shown some intellectual value $$$ on the contest and used it as collateral to a banking group in order to get loans???

9. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Doubtful. Who would extend credit to a failing company in a failing industry? Just go all digital. We all get it. Some of us will stay, some will go. But you will stop pi**ing people off, and stop stealing their money. Do you realize how big a fool this makes you look? Or are we the fools, throwing money down a dry well?

WZ7U and K0UO like this.
  10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The crazy economist in me would say, use more paper to get more trees. That increased use will promote more trees being planted to respond to that demand.