CQ Cubscout Campout

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KE5CK, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W5CTV

W5CTV Ham Member QRZ Page

I would suggest you use one of the "World Scout Frequencies" for your operation. The list can be found at the following link.

http://www.scout.org/en....uencies

Chris
    W5CTV
    Trustee of NO5S (New Orleans 5 Scouting)
    Pack 395 Wolf Den Leader/
    Webmaster
    http://pack-395.org

2. KE5CK

KE5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL on the world scout frequency! I did not know that there was a "designated" scout frequency. I will begin calling there +/- QRM. If conditions on 20 meters are too poor to operate (like they were a good part of today), I will try 7.190 +/- QRM.  

To KC0VVU, Duncan, I am very sorry you will not be able to make it. I was really looking forward to having the boys talk to you since you are only a couple of years older than a few of them and you are also a scout. I figured they would get a kick out of talking to another kid and maybe some of them would realize that they, too, can become a ham if they set their minds to it.  Thanks everyone for the interest and I hope this works out.

FYI, at some point, I might also get on 20M psk31. I built an interface cable tonight and can now connect my new rig to my laptop, so I will give that a try at some point as well.

Hope to talk to you all tomorrow afternoon.

Until then, 73 de KE5CK
    Carl Kelley
    Cubmaster - Pack 46
    Tunica District
    Istrouma Area Council of BSA

3. KE5CK

KE5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

PS

Duncan, to answer your question, we try to camp about once per month during the warm months. We have another big campout planned for the weekend of May 18th-19th. I will probably try this again, weather and time permitting. Maybe you can talk to my scouts then.

73 de KE5CK

4. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Carl,

I'll be listening for you on 14.290. If you're on later than 2400 UTC, I'll try you on 7.190 as well.

5. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Just keep in mind this weekend is a HUGE International contest, so every country out there will be on the air. ARI International DX Contest http://www.qsl.net/contest_ari/

I'm probably too close to you for 20 meter, but I'd be happy to try something with you on 40meter.

I'm just outside of Biloxi and I can be on the radio. I also am a former Boy Scout, and Explorer Scout. I was with Troop 530 and Post 380 in the Pine Burr Council.

6. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Carl, but 14.290 was wall to wall with traffic everytime I tuned in. Maybe next time.

7. KI4GKW

KI4GKW Ham Member QRZ Page

are you still wanting to do something for the weekend of may 18th? I'm a life scout, and i'm usually on 20m around 0000z from Kentucky.

8. KC2QXE

KC2QXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I am willing to help out and am pretty flexible on my schedule. I am a Tiger Scout leader and help out with my sons Boy Scout troop. I am pretty sure I will be free this weekend as my wife has to go to a wedding shower to go to [​IMG].

I make it out pretty good up and down the east coast, I am located in upsate NY and have a G5RV broadside to the east coast.

I am a new ham and I can explain some of the things needed to get your license and some of the challenges from a new perspective, but that also means i do not have a ton of experience on HF.

You can email me at steve at przepiora.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.