ad: hrd-2

CQ Cubscout Campout

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KE5CK, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE5CK

KE5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

Having a family campout for our Cubscout pack this weekend. Have been recently working with the boys on communications and have introduced them to various aspects of ham radio. Would love to have a sched set up to actually let the boys participate in a QSO with someone on HF. Would be especially cool to have other current or former scouts QSO with us. Will probably be operating at some point between 1800 and 2400 UTC on Saturday. Anyone interested in setting up a sched please reply and we will give it a try.

2. KI4MJO

KI4MJO Ham Member QRZ Page

when and were i would love to here them on the radio i have invited the local troop out to field day but i have not gotten a response 73

3. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be in the shack this weekend. I will look for you. Post a frequency for the bands you plan to work. Good luck. 73, Sean [​IMG]

4. KE5CK

Wow, that was really quick!! I figure I will try 20 meters and possibly 40 meters. I will be operating from my mobile with a screwdriver antenna. I have been able to do well with the setup on both of those bands so that is where I will concentrate my efforts. 20 meters will be my main band and will fall back to 40 meters if conditions on 20 meters deteriorate. If anyone can suggest a particular area of 20 meters, it might make it easier to find each other.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I hope to be able to make this work.

We will be camping a the Gillis Long Center south of Baton Rouge, LA. It is a facility that is operated by the LA National Guard. We have some things planned for the boys to teach them about survival, communications and, of course, cool army stuff!!

73 and look forward to QSOing this weekend!!
    de KE5CK
    Carl

5. KI4MJO

KI4MJO Ham Member QRZ Page

well i like anything below 14.300 it just seems to be better at times and as far as a set Freq its hard to say i will leave that up to you guys and the time doesent matter either so just let me know

6. KE5CAX

KE5CAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Im game let me know what freq and I will try to be there.

Besides i just got my general test completed and passed.

Ed

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I am willing to give 20 a shot!

As previously asked...
    when and where?

I am currently star scout.

8. KE5CK

Let's shoot for something between 14.250 and 14.300. I'll avoid the QRP freq at 14.285 and maybe focus around 14.275, depending upon availability. If that is occupied, I will work out from there going down 3 until I find a vacancy. If all is occupied below 14.275, I'll go high and work 3 up at a time in the same fashion. I know there are some contests this weekend, so I hope it won't be too difficult finding a spot. If anyone has a better spot to suggest to avoid contest traffic, I am definitely open to suggestions. We plan to arrive at the campsite around noon local time (1700 UTC) so I figure I might be able to start calling by around 1pm local (1800 UTC). I'll try to keep as close to that as possible, but you know how these things go. If the scouts show up late, who knows?

Thanks for the interest and 73
    de KE5CK

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds good.
    For a freq. I would suggest 14.269+/- QRM, I usually don't hear many people there for some strange reason.
    Will try to be listening at the time specified.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I am very sorry, but I just had something come up.
    I won't be able to be on the radio that day.

Not sure how often you camp out, but feel free to give me a shout to QSO another time.

73's
    Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.