ad: elecraft

Cover Story, Feb QST

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0MB, Feb 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, It was, and mentioned on the COVER??????????????????[​IMG]

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dumb? I dunno about that. Sure, I've always assumed the trees around my wire antenna affected my signal. But by how much? I thought it did a pretty good job of quantifying that. Did it need a cover blurb? Maybe not, but so what?

N0TZU likes this.
  3. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, it kinda left me scratching my head. I thought maybe there was a page missing.

KA4DPO likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait for it, April is coming soon enough.

5. W2AI

W2AI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I must say you're very good in working art editing programs, Charlie. Do you use Corel PhotoImpact??

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I use "Gimp". I use it with Linux and Windows (which I still call DOS sometimes).

W2AI likes this.
  7. KM1H

KM1H Subscriber QRZ Page

My first impression of that article was that it was severely edited to make more room for more useless stuff.

The real QST and CQ had articles in the late 40's and 50's on trees, both for losses and also to use as antennas.

Carl

8. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Next in our breathless series "Things You Can't Do Anything About"...."Resistors Generate Heat!!!!!" "

9. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3.4121 BTUs per Watt...

10. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And why I dropped ARRL membership... the build and tech stories have become dumbed down badly... I remember an article in 1978 or 1978 on how to build a repeater ID using a diode matrix to code the call sign. Since I was helping assemble a repeater at the time I built it in my high school electronics lab(pretty sure it was 1978..., might have been 1977...). Now the build articles ares stupid, nothing challenging...