Countries Worked or Countries Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KE3FG, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Call: KE3FG QSOs: 6412 Confirmed: 591 Countries: 155
    My Countries count shows 155; Are those confirmed or just different countries that I worked?

2. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Those are just different countries regardless of confirmation status.

3. KE3FG

Thanks, Alex. That's what I assumed.
    Is the country information taken from the QRZ database for the QSO data?
    Most QSOs correctly show the country as shown in the following QSO:
    6148 1993-08-05 00:37 CE5ERO 20M 14.200 SSB FF46rq Chile Jorge Acuna

QSOs ported from the old V1 logbook do not all have the country listed, for example the following German QSOs:
    6387 1993-05-02 21:26 DJ5AV 17M 18.112 SSB JN47pt Michael Oerter
    6311 1993-05-22 22:43 DL3SDP 17M 18.151 SSB JO40ic
    6308 1993-05-24 22:08 DL6ET 20M 14.192 SSB JO31mb Mirko
    6272 1993-05-31 22:25 DL1RBJ 15M 21.297 SSB JO40ic

I think the log program should pull the country information from the QRZ database.

4. N0AMT

It does, however I think those are empty as a result of a bug that has been fixed a few days go. You can click on those entries, then click Edit. Now on the Receiver Info tab you will see it re-populate those fields. Saving from that point should add the missing data.

5. KE3FG

I did as you suggested for DJ5AV, and under Receiver Info, Germany is listed, but when I click on Save, it never exits and doesn't correct the QSO info.

6. N0AMT

Ah yes, the not saving is a different bug having to do with the frequency. I'm working that fix. As for the Country being empty that is due to the QSO being with the DXCC Entity: 81. 81 has been deleted, and therefore we aren't able to determine the country name since it doesn't exist in our database.

This is something that we're investigating a solution for, however it will take some time. For now any QSOs with a deleted DXCC entity will have Country blank.

7. KE3FG

Thanks, Alex. I don't expect this to be a top priority item, but when I submitted the QSO into the old logbook, I didn't give it DXCC Entity: 81. If the logbook program would look up DJ5AJ, it would yield Germany as the country and get the correct DXCC number.
    I believe this is a bug from the old logbook, but it would be good if it were fixed in V2.

8. N0AMT

Back on the QSO date, Germany probably was DXCC 81, hence why it carried over. Many people would like to be able to keep their "deleted entities" as they were when the QSO occurred, and that makes sense. It's just a new level of complexity that we have to investigate and work on for resolution.

9. KE3FG

German QSOs made before V2 had the country display missing. I did a search for all the German QSOs in my log before 2014, and uploaded them all to the V2 log. This overwrote the German QSO records from V1. Now my German QSOs display the country, Germany, except for those that had already been confirmed in V1. As a result of my re-uploading those QSOs, I got a few more German QSOs confirmed today.
    I noticed that some of the PJ records were also not displaying the country because they were made during the Netherlands Antilles time, which is now a deleted country.

10. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Part of the problem is QRZ returns "Germany" (entity 81) for the country for currently active stations from that country, which unfortunately is a deleted entity. The correct entity is "Fed. Republic of Germany," which is entity 230, yet I've not seen that entity returned from the QRZ database on any "German" station. This appears to become an issue when one uploads an ADIF file where the current entity is wrongly listed as "Germany" when is should be "Fed. Republic of Germany." It appears QRZ then assigns that entity "Germany" instead of the correct "Fed. Republic of Germany."

All current stations in Germany should be listed as "Fed. Republic of Germany" and NOT "Germany." That would help reduce the confusion, especially when ADIF files are uploaded/downloaded from one logbook format to another.

.............Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.