Could use some help with issue/problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KA3VWT, May 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KA3VWT

KA3VWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    I have a Wouxun KG-UVD1P. I have had now for about for about 3 years now. I keep getting signal reports that my transmit audio is low. I have swapped antennas but still have the issue. People are telling me I am hitting the repeater with no problem.
    I contacted Wouxun and ask if this was a know problem with this Model radio. They asked me to send them the serial number of the radio (at this point I think somethings up with this Model). They said there was no one in the US to service it. They never really answered my original question. Has anyone heard that low audio when transmitting was an issue for this radio?

Tanks
    KA3VWT

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"Wouxun, wouxoff, Daniel-san."
    -Mr. Miyagi:)

I have no solution. Are you speaking directly into its microphone, like one inch or less away from it?

WQ4G likes this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For real, just drill a bigger hole where the microphone is, careful not to damage anything.
    If you search, you may find some more information about this. It was an on going to problem when they first started arriving in North America.
    You can at least get about 20 or 25% more audio, I've done it

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. K0UO

5. KD4UPL

KD4UPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I regularly hear people on Wouxun radios with very low audio. Basically, you get what you pay for. If you haven't gotten your hands on a nice Yaesu, Icom, or Kenwood radio you really should. The difference is remarkable in every way form the cheap Chinese radios.

6. K0UO

There is a lot of discussion on the other Chinese radios with similar problem on qrz Screenshot_20200521-194100_Chrome.jpg

7. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Talk louder.....

AI3V likes this.
  8. WA0CBW

WA0CBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the radio in narrow band mode instead of wide?
    bb

NE4EB, K0MB and N4MU like this.