ad: cq2k-1

Correct way to set up UK regional callsign

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by MW7PAJ, Aug 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. MW7PAJ

MW7PAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning,

My primary callsign at my qth is MW7PAJ, where W signifies Wales. When operating in other parts of the uk I need to use a callsign with the correct location identifier, for example England would be M7PAJ, and Scotland would be MM7PAJ. What is the correct way to enter these callsigns into the qrz.com database to ensure they link to my normal page, and can enter qso records?

I am on holiday and have been using M7PAJ/P, so I want to set this up properly. Do I simply add a new managed callsign for M7PAJ, then add the /P qualifier?

thanks!
    Paul

2. MW7PAJ

MW7PAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Got this sorted - added new callsign and logbook.

3. VE3RXH

VE3RXH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Paul,

Can I get an update on your experience with crating your main QRZ page with your MW callsign, and attaching others for M7 etc?

I just received my UK Foundation call (M7RXH) and will be primarily operating from Scotland, thus MM7RXH but also from across the UK nations.

I am already licensed in Canada (VE3RXH) and am confused by both the correct way to create a QRZ page and also how to log calls eg station callsign MM7RXH when in Scotland but operator M7RXH? What should DX stations log M7RXH or MM7RXH?

How have you got on with this issue?

Thanks
    Rob
    VE3RXH and
    MM7RXH

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're in Scotland you, the operator, become MM7RXH.

5. VE3RXH

Thanks, I am happy about the operating part ... my question is about QRZ pages (and logging). Should I set up a separate QRZ page for each of my UK calls eg M7RXH, MM7RXH, MW7RXH, MD7RXH, MI7RXH etc ... that seems crazy!

So, should I only create a page for the 'core' callsign M7RXH ... but the vast majority of my operating will be from Scotland ... so should I only create MM7RXH?

Well, that's what I have decided to do for now, MM7RXH it will be. Now just to work out my log and LotW etc.

Rob
    VE3RXH and
    MM7RXH

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ pages vs logging - two different things. You can set up redirect "aliases" that will return any inquiries to your main M7 page if you choose. Or you can set up MM7 as the primary.
    Logging - you can "Add new callsign" to your primary account. It can be either the M7 or MM7 version. Be sure to set up the Logbook Properties to reflect each one accurately since they are different "countries".
    LoTW allows something similar. Request a different Certificate for the alternate location(s) and log those contacts to the appropriate account. TQSL will query you when uploading when you have multiple Certificates.

VE3RXH likes this.
  7. VE3RXH

Good advice, thanks. Working on that now.

KP4SX likes this.