CONWAY REEF 3D2C

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I notice the following on 3D2C's QRZ page:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: dh, align: right"]QSL by Mail?[/TD]
    [TD="class: dw"]Yes (e.g. Will this ham QSL by Postal Mail?)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: dh, align: right"]QSL by eQSL?[/TD]
    [TD="class: dw"]Yes (e.g. Will this ham QSL with eQSL?)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: dh, align: right"]Uses LOTW?[/TD]
    [TD="class: dw"]No (e.g. Does this ham use ARRL's LOTW ?)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Is this correct? I've seen this before in lots of cases where LOTW was nevertheless used, and it surprises me a little that it says "Yes" to eQSL but "No" to LOTW. Anyone have any updated information on this? In looking over 3D2C's website I didn't see any mention of LOTW at all, though it's possible I'm just overlooking it.

2. W5WS

W5WS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that several of their sponsors require LOTW uploads within 6 months of the end of the DXpedition as a condition of getting support. They may not want to mention that to maximize individual donations for qsl cards.

3. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

If you need 'em, send the card and the green stamps. I did. Those little junkets aren't cheap.

Bill

4. KC2SIZ

I will send them a card and green stamps, but for award purposes I rely entirely on LOTW. (Don't want to ship my cards to ARRL and probably won't be in the same place as a card checker for the next 20 years).

5. KK7EL

KK7EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I went to their website via link on QRZ.com 3D2C lookup and found under News Press Release #4 what I wanted to see: "We will upload to LOTW approximately six months following the DXpedition."

6. KC2SIZ

Excellent. Thanks.

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am going to do the ONLINE QSL request system. WHY in the world would anyone want to do EQSL when it doesn't count for anything? ONLY LOTW and Authentic PAPER QSLs are valid for DXCC!
    I am sure the paper ones will be out WELL before 6 months. Paper is the way to go! And, you have a lifetime colorful souvenier of a great DXpedition.

Now that I am back from Pacificon, I can get this filled out and entered.

Paypal: WD5COV@vtc.net
    QSLs are $4 plus whatever Donation you would like to enclose.
    After pay please send email to yt3w@yt3w.info with QSO list and address.

For the OLD FASHIONED way, send ur card and SASE + Postage (and donation) to
    QSL via YT1AD
    YT1AD
    Dr Hrane Milosevic
    36206 Vitanovac
    Serbia - EU

8. KC2SIZ

I agree with you about paper. I love QSL cards. You gotta remember though that not everyone is an award chaser. I know hams who don't give a rat's behind about any of the ARRL awards.

9. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I also love QSL cards. I didn't even bother with submitting for DXCC until just this year - after almost 25 years of being a ham. I already had 250+ confirmed via paper QSL! I do use LoTW to assist with DXCC. I enjoy collecting them and I also like flipping through my collection of cards now and then and guests of the station enjoy seeing them as well.

10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

There isn't any reason not to send cards to the ARRL other than it can be a hassle sometimes to do it. I have for years and at 322 mixed and 5BDXCC that is a lot of times I mailed them! I have never heard of anyone having a problem with it. Once they are credited to your DXCC totals, other than memories, etc. there is no reason to worry about them. Their job is really done.

If you rely entirely on LOTW, there will be a lot of entities you may never get credited to your DXCC account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.