CONUS is OBSOLETE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Why don't you simply ask the AK/HI buyer to pay any difference? People that live in AK/HI/PR aren't total idiots, ya know, since they live there and are accustomed to the shipping rates.
    How much is your $63 20 lb non-flat rate parcel to CONUS Los Angeles? Look that up and you may be in for a surprise.

2. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

'
    OK I just checked.
    From your zip: 29678
    20 pounds 16 x 12 x12 (not flat rate)
    To CA, WA, OR via Priority $63.40
    To me in Wasilla, AK $ 63.40
    To Nome: $63.40
    So as you see: IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AMOUNT AS TO ANY LOWER 48 WEST COAST LOCATION AS IT IS TO ALASKA! NO DIFFERENCE!!

Conus is now BOGUS!!!
    You should have checked.

KH2RU, WP4I, AL7PX and 2 others like this.
  3. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think CONUS is obsolete. CONUS is used to prevent international sales. Radio equipment going to foreign lands can be difficult and forms that have to be filled out at the post office after waiting in line at said post office. CONUS, print your label at home, drop it in a free priority box and you're done. Hawaii, Alaska and PR are just collateral damage since they aren't "attached". My two cents. I think I'm still entitled to those. Let the outrage culture begin in 3...2...1.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

What do you mean "not attached"? You don't need Customs forms for AK/HI/PR/GU/VI etc.

WP4I likes this.
  5. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Meaning they aren't attached to the one big land mass.

W4KVW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.