CONUS is OBSOLETE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KE4D

KE4D Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

yep, shipping from or to a residential address is much more expensive than shipping to a business. Economy of scale I suppose. I shipped to Denmark once, that was interesting but actually wasn't all that much more expensive than shipping to places in the US. However, the basic premise of this thread is valid. If you use the USPS, shipping to HI or AK or PR/VI can be done with flat rate boxes. You just have to be able to fit the item in the box. I ship flat rate whenever I can.

2. WP4I

WP4I Ham Member QRZ Page

i was thinking same.. for $183 i can have a flight ticket to USA get there take it with me and return. jaja nice day

3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw on ad on QRZ that stated the following ------
    "$300 plus shipping but no shipping to Washington state."
    Why would someone pick one state, that is a part of the "CONUS" not to ship to?? Is it because Dave @W7UUU lives there?? :D:D

It makes even less sense then saying "I ship to CONUS only"!

John, WB0MPB

KH2RU likes this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

What does CONUS mean?
    15 meanings of CONUS acronym or abbreviation
    CONUS stands for

5. AC2NT

AC2NT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, professor.

You weren't my English teacher in college by any chance, were you?

K3XR likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

No but I played one on TV .

AC2NT likes this.
  7. WA6JFK

WA6JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, on USPS Flat Rate, but I find the USPS tracking system to be OBSOLETE, packages show "Delivered" when they in fact are not, tracking inaccurate and other issues. I try not to use USPS for anything worth more than $50.00 due to the tracking and loss ratio that I have not experienced with UPS/FedEx.

I mostly have an issue with people on QRZ.com saying "no returns, due to parts swappers" is that really that rampant? What if the seller packages poorly and you get damaged goods? I guess that's where PayPal comes to the rescue as they have for me on more than one occasion.

WA6JFK

8. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hams hear someone say, "no returns, due to parts swappers" , so they say it. Also they say, "my loss is your gain" as if their poor buying should somehow make you feel sorry for them. Some charge you extra for insurance when insurance protects them from the buyer charging you back.
    I saw this from an ad with really good pictures, "I stand behind what I sell. This unit is GUARANTEED TO BE AS DESCRIBED OR YOUR MONEY BACK IF YOU PAY TO SHIP IT BACK, BY INSURED FED/EX GROUND, WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RECEIPT."
    Two days seems really tight to fully check out a amplifier. Seven would seem more reasonable but maybe he is trying to limit time for the aforementioned parts swappers!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  9. AL7PX

AL7PX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I'm glad you mentioned it again Fred. I made mention of this a long time ago somewhere on QRZ and nothing changed with any sellers. Maybe they didn't believe me. Maybe they will believe you.
    Todd
    AL7PX
    Anchorage, AK

KH2RU likes this.
  10. WA7ARZ

WA7ARZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Far from obsolete !!!
    Not everything fits into a flat rate box.
    If it doesn't fit into a flat rate box, the shipping cost is up to 4 times the cost, depending on the distance to the destination.
    Don't belittle sellers that do not want to lose half of the sale price to shipping costs just because you want the shipping cost figured into the sale price AND have to ship outside conus at an outrageous cost to the seller.
    Buyers from Alaska and Hawaii realize shipping to their location is unreasonable if it is not in a flat rate box.

K3XR, N3AB and WB0MPB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.