ad: elecraft

CONUS is OBSOLETE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

You had one bad experience selling to a Canadian ham so you now condemn all hams in Canada?? I did not think you liked it when someone speaks for a group of people. :rolleyes:

John, WB0MPB

VE3VTG and WZ7U like this.
  2. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

[sarcasm] upload_2018-10-11_20-51-36.png [/sarcasm]

WZ7U likes this.
  3. KD5SPX

KD5SPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I know 1 thing usps always finds my address and doesnt leave it on the wrong porch like ups, i buy nothing if i ask how they ship and they say ups. I have my ups setup to auto deliver to a ups store and they still try to deliver at my qth and leave a missed you notice

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Guam?

N7PHX likes this.
  5. AG6ZZ

AG6ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There are a lot of valid points made by everyone. That said, I'd like to thank the original poster, @AA7BQ , for bringing to light that if something fits in a flat rate box, then it's not going to cost a fortune to ship outside CONUS. For anything that doesn't fit in a flat rate box, CONUS is not obsolete.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Its those pesky Customs forms and the insinuation that buyers outside the 48 are more prone to be problematic. Not to mention the increased risk of loss or damage.
    I've heard them all as I imagine you have as well. I once had one demand a $50 invoice fee for shipping out of the country.

7. WP4I

WP4I Ham Member QRZ Page

thats not right.. verify for example any modern hf.. icom 7300 or so on any box just telling it will go priority give the same chance. zip 00791 check

8. WP4I

WP4I Ham Member QRZ Page

ok.. and then "free conus" right?? how many conus cost is? because when u are out of "conus" want to charge full shipping and not even pair or complete the extra.

9. KM6GTS

KM6GTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Point of information. CONUS most properly refers to the contiguous United States.

K4MSM and AL4Y like this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. If you're shipping a brick, a barbell plate, a cinder block, or a boat anchor that will fit the box and be <70 lbs. then flat rate is a great deal. If you're shipping a lot of ping pong balls, not so much. ;)

Seriously, I dislike going to the UPS store a lot less than I dislike going to the post office. There's never a line, or not much anyway (maybe one or two people especially around the holidays,) the people are friendlier, and the hours are more extensive. But no flat rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.