CONUS is OBSOLETE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And of course, if I decide one day to say "Sales only to WA, FL, and Brazil" that's entirely my business, my right, and my decision.

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

N6ALT, NE1U, XXXXX and 3 others like this.
  2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

I would think if you are placing an ad you can put any stipulations on the sale that you want. If someone wants to whine about it then that is their problem.
    One thing I do on more expensive items is I say the buyer must have their email listed on their QRZ page and must be willing to provide me with their phone number so I can call them if I want. If someone does not like those 2 request then they can move on to another seller.

John, WB0MPB

N6ALT likes this.
  3. KL7AM

KL7AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some refuse to ship here from the forums to Alaska and from Ebay or Amazon even though the shipping amount could be automatically calculated. Also the ads on the ham swap sites that say conus only...We are used to paying extra for freight here and since everything is airfreight now it may be less risky to air freight to Alaska than have it ride in a truck for a long ways. But then I have seen some that were surprised that we have US Post Offices here...

4. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I sent the big MFJ 998 high power tuner to PR with USPS flat rate for under 20 bucks!!! Amazing

5. N2SUB

N2SUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you ever wonder why CONUS is referred to as "The Lower 48" when HI is the Southern-most state of the Union?

KJ4VTH likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

CONUS is hardly obsolete don't have a problem with someone suggesting you can ship some packages via the USPS to AK and HI but ultimately it's for the seller to decide. There may be some instances where something else could be worked out and that's not a problem .

Have an account with FedEx and prefer to ship FedEX Ground have never had a problem with a package getting lost or damaged do all the paperwork at home on the computer.

7. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I always found the term CONUS to be somewhat ambiguous because Alaska is part of the continental US but not part of the contiguous US.

8. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Do I understand you are complaining about free ads here and you might go elsewhere? Did I miss something? You have not paid a penny to QRZ, sounds like a moocher, I ought to know I did it for quite a while but woke up.

N2SUB likes this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't I was forced to pay the duty in a ham radio transceiver when the buyer refused.

10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

So now you keep track of who has paid a membership fee to use QRZ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I pay so make sure that is in your data base you keep!
    Maybe you have just a bit too much free time on your hands if this is one of the things you track! :D

John, WB0MPB

WZ7U likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.