Contesting Discussion Forum?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK5JY, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

As I flip through the various forums on QRZ, I am surprised that there isn't a discussion forum for contesting. Whether any of us are "pro" or "con" with respect to contesting, it represents a huge proportion of on-air activity, especially on HF. So I'm wondering if anybody knows why there is no discussion forum devoted to contesting?

There is a forum called "Contesting" in the "News" section, and there is a forum subsection called "Logging and Contesting" but it doesn't have any actual contesting forums in it. Having a "contesting" forum in the "discussion" section might be an amazingly active place. There are contest-related threads that pop up in this ("ham radio discussions") forum quite regularly.

What say ye? Would you be interested in having a contest-specific forum on QRZ?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    NQ1B, AE1N, KU4X and 2 others like this.
  2. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably because after the first few posts in any thread the haters would show up and derail any discussion.

KI4ODO and N8XTH like this.
  3. WW2E

WW2E Ham Member QRZ Page

You're talking about creating a virtual Garden of Eden paradise for Burt. I'm not sure if any one person deserves to have that much pleasure.

4. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Only if we let them.

NQ1B, N3AWS and N2SR like this.
  5. KK5JY

Maybe, but that happens everywhere else, too. I even see it in the technical forums. Maybe especially in the technical forums.

I wondered about that. It might turn out the way you say -- I was trying to stay positive and assume that people like that would just say clear since the subject matter wasn't their thing. :cool:

W4IOA likes this.
  6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

We just need a Sergeant At Arms. We need a volunteer... you'll do fine, Matt. :p:rolleyes:
    You just need to be like this guy:
    [​IMG]

N2EY and KK5JY like this.
  7. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

It would turn into a troll fest....

KI4ODO and N3AWS like this.
  8. KK5JY

Sounds like you are trying to appoint me as Lead Troll. ;)

Thanks, but I'm happy to stay at the amateur level on that one. :cool:

N3AWS and WA7PRC like this.
  9. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

No, just a general observation and comment. :)

N3AWS likes this.
  10. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

No. You'll make a good volunteer to keep the miscreant trolls at bay. :)
    We need someone bad. Are you bad? :p:rolleyes: