ad: CWJF-1

Contest software OSX leopard, Ibook G4

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by G7PVZ, Feb 28, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G7PVZ

G7PVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is anyone still using an iBook G4 for contesting, If so, what software are you using, and where can I get it...

2. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the old days I ran N1MM Logger (pre-Plus version) on a PowerBook G4 under Windows 7 in a virtual machine—using either VMware Fusion or Parallels, I forget which.

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to use "Marathon" from N0IOS. It did not support many contests but it was better than nothing at the time (later 1990's).

While it'd take a bit of work to configure for a contest, FLDIGI continues to support PPC machines in a variety of modes.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  4. AJ6RX

AJ6RX Ham Member QRZ Page

Depends on the level of sophistication of software you're looking for. I'm just getting into contesting so I have a lot to learn. Someone, somewhere recommended:

"NetLogger 3.1.7 Copyright© 2015-2018 John Marvin (AC0ZG), All Rights Reserved.
    Email: jm-netlogger@themarvins.org
    Inspired by NetLogger v2.4
    Many thanks to Chris Gearhart for writing the initial NetLogger application and server
    software and helping to create the NetLogger community.
    This software interacts with software on NetLogger servers.
    The current NetLogger server software was written by John Dean, K0JDD. ....
    This program is freeware. ....."​

It's native on Catalina, haven't tried on Big Sur.

5. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

The OP's laptop is using a G4 (not Intel) CPU, and OS X 10.5, so doubt there's software available for it anymore.

Chuck
    WV8A

6. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

While no current version of fldigi for PPC, the archive at W1HKJ does have ppc versions through 4.1.01 still available for download, as well as logging module fllog through 1.2.5.
    http://w1hkj.com/files/archives/OS-X/

Chuck
    WV8A