Contact information on Echolink GUI

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KG5HEJ, Oct 25, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KG5HEJ

KG5HEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Recently the fellow who set up our Echolink system left the area and turned the system over to another ham who has neither knowledge or experience.
    There should be a list of stations connected to a repeater group on the right hand side of the GUI, a system crash caused that to go away, as well as turning the connect/disconnect messages back on. The new op managed to turn the announcements off (thank the gods for that!) but can't find how to turn the connections back on.
    I tend to monitor both the repeaters and echolink but as it stands now, I can't tell if anyone is using the repeaters. Can anyone offer suggestions about how to get those turned back on.
    //al KG5HEJ

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Look under Tools / Alarms

Also Add to Favorites may be what you want.

Have Fun.

3. KG5HEJ

KA9JLM Nope, I've been all over all the configuration setting I can find on the terminal end. Also the contact list disappeared from all three of my copies of EchoLink (desktop / laptop / tablet) at the same time so I'm pretty certain that it's a configuration on the SysOp system, not something I'm doing.

specifically: With EchoLink in explorer view, I see the systemwide (nodes / repeaters / conferences) dropdowns in the extreme left column; I see my favourites (I do know about them and use them) in the center column; the rightmost column has the ID of the repeater group to which I'm connected which currently show the Station Operators Call, his name, and the station location. In the past this rightmost column also included the callsign and name of all users connect to the repeater via EchoLink --- it no longer does so after the system crash and 'rebuilding.'

We used this during our weekly nets to see who was connected via echolink and since they no longer show there, we can't tell if anyone is connected - shoot, it doesn't even show that I'm connected.

Since this occurred after a system crash and it doesn't appear on any of the echolink systems I have set up I have to conclude that it's a setting on the SysOp console but he doesn't know what / where to change it but acknowledges that they were there before the crash.

So ... specific question, does any EchoLink SysOp know what the setting is to display, in the third column, the users who are currently connected to a repeater group? And, if you do, how does one change it?

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. I think you want to be here.

upload_2018-10-25_15-10-53.png

WB7OXP likes this.
  5. KG5HEJ

I think so too. Now to pass that to our resident sysop and see if he's got the time tp play a bit.
    Thhanks //al