Connecting the ICOM ic-7000 to a Windows 10 laptop

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by SV1SLB, Jul 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. SV1SLB

SV1SLB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Update: Just finished installing Win 7 on the Virtual Machine and the Chirp of course. The symptoms are exactly the same. As if there is no connection between the icom and the laptop. As if the cable was in the air!

Attached Files:

• VM1.jpg
      VM1.jpg
      File size:
      115.3 KB
      Views:
  2. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

What happened ? any go yet .

Try the ic7000 program posted earlier and see what happens , forget chirp for now , also i could send you via email my memory list and you could try the "write to radio" and see if it works and then alter the ones there to suit you .

And if there is still a problem it might just be the usb thing you have got is not compatible ,, some cheaper ones can be like that while others are not .
    73 Paul

3. SV1SLB

So far nothing! After all these tries I gave up. I ordered though a cable from UK, which the seller INSISTED that it will definitely work. To be honest he was extremely helpful exchanging emails on each and every step of the procedure. It's him who told me that the ic inside the USB is an old one and will never work under Win 10. Anyway, the new cable is on it's way here. The seller of the other one agreed to take it back, so I 'll know soon enough.
    Never tried the program you suggested, I did not see it in the first place. I downloaded it now that you mentioned and I 'll give it a try. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the concern.
    73s Michael

KA9JLM likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Many times the old adapters will work, If you use the original drivers that came with it.

And then disable "Signed Driver Endorsement" so that Windows will let you use a older unsigned driver.

To get a MS Blessed driver cost money to get on the MS White List. That is one reason companies do not pay to play with MS BS.

One option is to sign your own driver, This is safe if you get the driver from a trusted source. Downloading a driver from the internet can be a crap shoot.

Good Luck. Please do report back on how your new adapter works.

5. SV1SLB

Unfortunately I always get error messages!
    The first one says "Create file failed: Error 2h (2)
    The system cannot find the file specified"
    And the second one "Open: ERROR -2"

6. KA9JLM

That sounds like a permissions problem.

Sometimes the system security can suck. It protects you from yourself. :mad:

7. SV1SLB

I will wait for the new cable from UK. I'll keep you all informed.

NS3L likes this.
  8. SV1SLB

New cable from UK, came in today. No good news though!

9. KA9JLM

That is a bummer.

Have you tried to Delete the (!) device in the Device Manager, So that it forces a clean reload of the driver ?

10. SV1SLB

Yes, I have dine that