ad: vanity

Connecting 2 radios to 1 antenna feed...

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KE5KZX, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KE5KZX

KE5KZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ed,

Thanks for the info. I live on the third floor of a three-story apartment building with "unofficial" attic access, and my HF antenna is a horizontal loop stapled around the perimeter of the attic, tuned by a MFJ-949E. My "ground system", for lack of a better possibility, is a heavy gauge wire securely connected to the metal wall outlet, with individual grounding wires running from each radio, switch, tuner, etc. to a common ground point. Will this provide a good enough ground so as not to reix blowing up the front end in my radios?

Thanks and 73!

Dennis - KE5KZX

2. K4GUN

K4GUN Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread here, but this has some good stuff and I have a follow up question.  I'm about to install a 2nd radio in my truck.  I currently have a Kenwood dual band VHF/UHF.  I will be installing an IC7000.  I was considering getting a tri-ban antenna that covers 6, 2 and 70cm.  The 7000 would use it for TX and RX on 6 but mostly would just be for listening on 2 and 70 since the Kenwood is set up for better use on those frequencies.  Is this possible with just a duplexer and feed into the VHF antenna outlet in the 7000?

For HF, the 7000 will be connected to a screwdriver.  The data on the screwdriver is that it will not tune 6 meters.

Edit... nevermind. I found the answer. I don't need to listen to both at the same time so a simple switch will do the trick.

3. KC9JIQ

KC9JIQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

I think the 7000 has the duplexer built in, separate connectors for HF and 6m-70cm.

4. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

GUN some screwdrivers will work on 6 ... some will not. Mine does (Predator).

JIQ ... Read ... don't think. The 7000 (per the manual) has one output for HF/6, and the other for 2/440.

Per the manual and on my radio.

Bill, W0LPQ/9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.