ad: hrd-2

Connect Systems - CS7000

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by WS2L, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WS2L

WS2L Guest

Greetings Fellow Hams,

This is probably the wrong forum to pose this question but will give it a shot anyway.

Several months ago (Before the New Year) I placed my name and callsign on an order list for the new Connect Systems CS7000 UHF Handheld. This radio has several different operating modes such as Analog, Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), D-Star, Fusion and possibly one more.

The company says that all backlog orders will be filled by March 1st and with that only a short time away I am wondering if anyone who ordered one if they received theirs. Also looking for any word out there of anyone who has already received their CS7000 yet.

If you have any info please email me at: WS2L@QRZ.COM

2. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You might want to check the CS7000 Yahoo Group. Jerry posted an update there about a week ago.

I'm also on the wait list, but I honestly don't expect the opportunity to spend my money much before late spring or sometime this summer, and when released it should be DMR+DSTAR+analog, with other modes coming via firmware updates in the future.

Considering that it's a wait list for a product that is still in development, that the dates so far have been more guesstimates than promises, that money hasn't changed hands, and that Jerry has been open with the status of the project (it's coming, but he also has a business to run), I'm OK with that. If others aren't...well, that just means I move up the wait list. :)

I believe the "all backlog orders" refers to the CS700, the already-in-production DMR HT, for which demand outstripped supply.

3. WS2L

WS2L Guest

Hello Michael (N1EN),

Thank you for the information, when I spoke with Jerry at the end of last year he said to leave my contact information and he would put me on the list for what he said would be at the end of Feb or beginning of March. I'm willing to wait for this radio and I am only really interested in operating DMR & DSTAR anyway so the way it is being released initially perfect for me. If anyone finds any other information about when they are first shipped please send me a Private Message to: WS2L@QRZ.COM

Thanks for your help

4. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

About two weeks ago, I ordered a TYT quad-band radio from them (the price is so low, they actually wern't allowed to post the price). At that time, I inquired about the CS7000. He explained that they were still waiting on manufacturing; but they're hopeful about being on target for the announced March time frame.

- KB3VWG

5. WS2L

WS2L Guest

Thanks very much for the information VWG, it just seems like every person I talk to about this radio I get a different answer, I even called the company and even they couldn't give me any idea of when it is coming out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.