Confounding the skimmers

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0HB, Sep 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m not the one who considered RBN a “crutch”, thus the quote marks. Please lecture someone else.

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Get with the vernacular, sir. It's called "Fake News". ;) :D

3. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I assume they'd feel fine about it. If you ran 26.22 miles, some other people running 5k somewhere doesn't undo your accomplishment.

4. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Was responding to the idea, not any individual. If the shoes don't fit, don't wear them.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    K3XR likes this.
  5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

A non-apology apology followed by a mild insult. Disappointing; I expected better from you.

I would respectfully request that if you are going to respond “to the idea,” then quote the person who stated “the idea” — and do so in context. Not imply that someone else said something they didn’t by quoting a snippet out of context.

6. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Out.

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If ham radio was a marathon, a ham fest would not look like an episode of the biggest loser.

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It does if they insist on using the term "marathon" and describe themselves as "marathoners".

9. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do I keep reading these threads?

KG5ILR, KJ4VTH, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  10. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I know several OTs who are hard of hearing that use software to copy, they still send manually. I've used software during contests and I send with my bencher. But I'm a skimmer who loves crutches.

WZ7U likes this.