Confirming Satellite QSOS

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KE8AKW, Jun 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KE8AKW

KE8AKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone,
    I have question for LOTW here, How do I setup a satellite QSO and send it to LOTW? By that i means how do i make LOTW register it as a satellite contact instead of puting the band on one freqency which looks like a terrestrial contact. How do I format the QSO the right way so LOTW sees it as a sat QSO? Also do contacts on LOTW count towards grid squares/VUCC?

73 KE8AKW

2. KB1PVH

KB1PVH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Currently we do not support the fields required to do this in the QRZ Logbook. LOTW requires that the PROP_MODE and SAT_NAME fields be set and we dont support those yet.

That being said if you are using a 3rd party logging application and uploading your logs to QRZ before sending them to LOTW and That application supports these fields we do store ALL extra fields we receive so the information will be included in the LOTW upload.

I will bring this up with the team and see where/if it fits into our roadmap, But I cannot make any promises at this time because we are already working on a lot of cool things ;)

4. W5PFG

W5PFG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks good to hear, Stephen. I'd like to see the QRZ Logbook become sat-friendlier.

5. KE8AKW

KE8AKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I figured out how to do it a few days ago on my HRD Logbook, Putting Propagation into Satellite and Naming the Satellite name. Thanks KB1PVH there for the link! LOTW is a very helpful tool to get this confirmed fast.

6. KF4FCO

KF4FCO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just wondering if the 2 "sat fields" will be added any time.(post date 2015 3 years ago). Just upgraded to XML and all sat QSO's uploaded to LoTW are not confirmed due to the missing fields. Don't want to go to another logging method.
    thanks KF4FCO

7. W2ZF

W2ZF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same problem here. And I am sure many QRZ users have found out the same thing the hard way. No confirmation for SATCOM contacts through QRZ/LOTW.

QRZ - any update on the status of adding the PROP_MODE and SAT_NAME fields?

W2ZF

8. KE5G

KE5G Ham Member QRZ Page

This explains why no one confirms sat QSOs on here. Pinging for interest/status.