Confirming QSO'S

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N5XDM, Apr 21, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5XDM

N5XDM Ham Member QRZ Page

I request "CONFIRM"qso's by checking the box. I get 25 rejected requests because "NO QRZ.COM LOGBOOK". OK folks howam I going to get these confirmed? I have QSL cards for most of these contacts, so I don't know what too do!!!!!!!

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. N5XDM

So what this amounts too is that I'm screwed on getting conformations on contacts that don't participate in QRZ.com. I have cards from a lot of these contacts, how about if I send you all my cards so you can confirm my DX and US contacts?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The resources do not exist to enable this. Like any award system, all participants must follow the same rules.

QRZ does accept QSO confirmations downloaded from LoTW (if you participate in that); see: http://files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lotw_cert_guide.pdf

5. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your not the only one frustrated by the awkward procedure of confirming a qso... i try over and over again, but its almost impossible, as you can are repeatly told that somthing does not match..most likley a time zone, but why make it so bl**dy hard... all i want to do is say yep did work you and thanks for the contact..but im sorry for those waiting for qrz.com confirmation it just won't let me.....
    also why make it impossible to get from this page back to my logbook ??? i have to leave qrz and go back in as there seems not to be a working direct link...
    if i click on f5vhz, ( thats me ) I dont get the same page as i get when i sign in and just use a pulldown menu to get to my logbook...
    i have to leave the site and return....surly there is a direct route or is someone trying to trap all the hams in the forum and not let them leave alive...

6. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to the top of the page. On the upper left corner of the page there is a world icon & QRZ. Click on that and then a pull down menu appears on the upper right side. Click on it and slide down to 'logbook'. Click on 'logbook' and you will see your logbook appear.

7. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you JIM yep thats a bit daft because when i run the mouse over the globe it says qrz forum...and im allready there...but yes it works thanks..i found another way and thats to put my own callsign into the search box and that works too....perhaps they ought to fix this problem and have a return to you own page button....

this confirming qso's is a nuisance though...as im unable to confirm others due to some error ???? So i have requested that every contact ive made confirms my contact...and guess what... im getting "sorry i cannot confirm my qso with you because of errors" they must be in the same position as me...unable to work out how to do it...im not a contester and the LOGboook is just to keep a reccord of what I have done...so im not chasing qsl cards at all...perhaps the person who set up this confirmation thing is like me and does not like contesting in it's purest form...i honestly don't care if they are confirmed or not.. I know what I did...thats enough for me...but it's a shame for people that want conformation not to get it through bad software rather than bad manners...I will ALWAYS reply to an email...and if someone wants a qsl I send them electronically...
    I have never refused...so it's a shame that the qrz log is not more user friendly....it's got me beat, I tried and have given up...I don't need the stress.
    Colin F5VHZ
    email for conformation is on my qrz page...

8. N5XDM

I don't participate in LOTW. Here's an idea, how about me emailing you a pic of the cards that I have of people who DON'T participate in QRZ.com. That way I can get them confirmed. Hey I need help with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. W1DQ

Awards will be granted solely on the basis of contacts, which are recorded and confirmed by the online QRZ Logbook. Paper QSL cards or other physical documentation confirming QSO’s will not be accepted. This rule is required of all users without exception.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  10. VK4XJB

VK4XJB Ham Member QRZ Page

That is how I feel. I have several under incoming that are not going to get confirmed. With the previous log book I could hit confirm and that was it. I do not have the details to confirm what I know are valid contacts. I do not want to reject valid contacts but I can not confirm them.