Confirming Award

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by KB1FGC, Apr 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB1FGC

KB1FGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all.How do I confirm a QSO that's already been posted in my logbook?
    Thanks
    Rich

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The process is automatic, it does not require intervention.

For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

3. KB1FGC

Thanks so much for info.What would be the difference of a Confirmed QSO verse an unconfirmed one. I guess I'm confused if the unconfirmed are counted automatically as well although glad because It makes it easier for me. Excuse my Ignorance-hee.
    Rich
    :)

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When either party (you and your worked party) enters a QSO record in its logbook, the QRZ system tests both logbooks to determine whether or not both records exist. If they both exist, the system checks to see if the callsigns, band, mode, and date/time match within a 30-minute window of time. If both record are present and pass the match test, they are both marked confirmed. If not, they are not so marked.

It is possible that your worked party has not yet logged the QSO or one or more of the tested fields do not match. If so, the parties can contact each other to resolve the difference by e-mail or private message.

5. KB1FGC

Thanks for reply
    :)
    Rich