Confirming a QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G4YQA, Jun 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QSO Confirmation Request System
    You can select QSOs using the checkbox to the right of the QSO and click the Actions button at the bottom to request confirmation. This notifies the other party that you would like for them to add the QSO to their logbook.

The request can only be forwarded to logbook users; otherwise contact the party by e-mail.​

2. 2E0KBT

2E0KBT Ham Member QRZ Page

You forgot to mention that the QSO can be confirmed only if the confirming party remembers and enters correctly the date and band/frequency. Most don't, and thus all of these QSOs remain unconfirmed. It happens to me all the time when I am on the radio and I am not on my computer, or I am away from home on the radio. Someone sends me a request to confirm, I see the request perhaps after a few days because I have a life and I do not spend most of my time on qrz.com (despite it might look like it from my recent messages), I remember the person and the QSO, but I cannot remember the exact frequency and the time, here you go, another confirmation is lost.

3. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I keep a log when I'm on air, and use the logging program to upload to here, LotW, QRZCQ, and eQSL.

I have more confirms here than anywhere else, but LotW is catching up.

4. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

I still send QSL cards. Actual, tangible, physical evidence of the QSO.

5. 2E0EUG

2E0EUG XML subscriber QRZ Page

3 yr old thread and nothing has changed, still hardly any confirmed contacts, the system sucks

6. K3NAW

K3NAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think most hams are satisfied with the way QRZ log works. I am also sure the vast majority of qso's are logged to a computer then uploaded to QRZ and other places, and not manually as you seem to be doing. Enter your qso's on your computer and when you do have an internet connection, up load all new contacts at once. I did not check but I suppose there are applications to log your qso's to a smartphone for later use.

K3NAW

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

2E0EUG likes this.
  8. 2E0EUG

Mine are uploaded by HRD automatically at the time of contact. I think W1DQ has it spot on.

9. 2E0EUG

QRZ Logbook Statistics
    Updated: 2018-07-13 06:03:59
    QRZ Logbook has been live for 1635 days.

Total QSOs: 244,965,482
    Total Confirmed QSOs: 64,625,222
    Total Logbooks: 200,935
    Total Logbook Users: 176,848

Total Awards Issued: 64,435
    Total Awards Ordered: 7,060

Average QSOs per day: 149,825
    Average Confirmations per day: 39,526

Confirmation Rate: TERRIBLE !

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to give this a try works for me when I receive confirmation requests.
    EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ....If you require a confirmation from K3XR for a QSO please send an email to K3XR@xxxx.xx with all the details of the contact in order that I may be able to complete the confirmation.

Most, not all calls you look up on QRZ have an email address which should help in requesting the information you may need.