Confirming a QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G4YQA, Jun 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4YQA

G4YQA Ham Member QRZ Page

Although I have read all the appropriate literature I still don't seem to have worked out how to confirm a QSO when the contact asks me to. Can anyone help, in laymans terms!! 73 G4YQA :(

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From the Logbook FAQ's
    http://logbook.qrz.com/page/faq.html

How do I confirm a QSO
    A: You just enter your QSO, and when a matching QSO is entered by the other party, a confirmation will automatically be given to both of you!
    If the other party is not logging there calls in the QRZ logbook the logbook can't confirm the qso.

3. KR1SH

KR1SH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a confirmed QSO with Jean from Reunion Island which is east of Madagascar in South Africa. In my QSO log I never mentioned the continent, but some how the continent is recorded as EU and I am not able to correct it. Jean entered it as AF which is the correct one. So how do I make this QSO right with the right continent in the log???

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It has been corrected in your logbook. It was necessary to re-SET the entity Reunion under the Receiver Info tab.

5. DK9ZZ

DK9ZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When is a QSO "matching"? Same time of LOG or something? I have several of that grey dots and other OM´s are waiting for a confirmation. I currently log allmost all QSO´s. Any hints?
    2enqip4.jpg

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each party must independently enter a record of the QSO in its logbook. A confirmation will automatically be indicated when the two records match by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

7. 2E0KBT

2E0KBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Why don't you just make it easy for everyone and allow a confirmation to enter the QSO in each other logbook?
    As I said in other threads, you cannot expect each party of a QSO to have internet available all the time. I do not have the Internet when I am portable which is often, or when I am home and I talk on the radio because it interferes with my ADSL, and neither I want to move all my gear miles apart, I just bear with it. Entering a log entry is time consuming and tedious too, so if only one of us enters the QSO and the other confirms what is wrong with it?

You do not trust your users? What is there to loose for you? Should anyone cheat, they only cheat themselves! Beside what is the point to cheat? It is not like we get any money.

So please, once again, listen to your users and allow to confirm QSOs without having to remember and re-type all the details!
    The system as it is now is too unfriendly.

8. W1DQ

Refer to this earlier posting by Fred AA7BQ, QRZ Owner:

9. 2E0KBT

2E0KBT Ham Member QRZ Page

My experience is that only less than 10% of hams care to enter their QSOs on QRZ.com, I can see that from my currently confirmed log entries. To date only 11 over 157 were confirmed and I know my entries are all accurate. Some use other sites, others do not use on-line sites at all, some subscribe to qrz.com but then do not care to enter their QSOs there. It is significant that most of my QSOs are with Italian stations, I talk to my distant friends there all the time, but I think I do not have any confirmed QSO on qrz.com from there. The attitude in Italy is that nobody cares about the internet, people there like direct human contacts and do not bother to take an action unless you help them to take that action, that is you offer them to just click a button, in which case they might bother to do that for you! If they have to type in more information ... forget it! This is just an example of how many confirmed QSO you are now missing because of your change. Many more than the questionable QSOs you had!

You are getting lots of dissatisfied and annoyed users because of this change. And you can see this by the continous questioning you get on this forum. I am one of them.

Here is a summary of what I posted in a similar thread:

Many users do not like the process as it is today and we are asking for it to be changed.
    The change we are all asking for is that it is sufficient that only one ham enters the details let's say ham A. When ham B receives a request for confirmation and confirms, the log entry is copied into ham B's log and it is marked confirmed for both. It is the responsibility of ham B to check the accuracy of the log entry.
    This would make everyone's life a lot easier.

Your process might suit you, but it is annoying for the majority of your users. You should not care about questionable entries, there aren't money to be earned, and thus users can only cheat themselves. You are penalizing the majority of honest users just to curb a minority that you should not care about.

You need just to listen to your users and change the process to make your users' life easier.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    2E0EUG likes this.
  10. K8EV

K8EV Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the current procedure for requesting QSO confirmation on QRZ.com?

Ovide
    K8EV