Confirmes QSOs and LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W0AQ, May 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm new to both the QRZ log and LOTW.

I have some confirmed QSOs on QRZ, and a few more on LOTW.

I like logging my QSOs on QRZ, and then at the end of the day sending them to LOTW.

I assume that QSOs that show as confirmed on LOTW and not on QRZ are due to people that use LOTW and not QRZ.

How can I sync up my confirmed QSOs?

Thanks.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ and LoTW confirmations are not necessarily in sync as each has its own system. The difference is that QRZ provides credit for LoTW confirmed QSOs where LoTW does not reciprocate when it comes to QRZ confirms.

In order to gain credit for LoTW confirms you must enable LoTW Access a follows:
    Open your logbook
    Click on SETTING
    Select LoTW Access SETUP and follow HELP instructions

Once properly setup, click on Download from LoTW

The download may take time as it requires more lengthy processing by both QRZ and LoTW. For this reason it is wise to wait 15 minutes before making a second attempt.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. W0AQ

Yeah, I'm set up for LOTW. What I am asking is, should I import to QRZ from LOTW? I enter the QSOs on QRZ, not LOTW, and then export to LOTW. If I re-import, will it import the confirmations?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, by periodically Download from LoTW you benefit by getting credit for LoTW confirmations from parties you worked that do not participate in QRZ logbook.

5. W0AQ

Will it automatically overwrite? Should I worry that this will screw up my log?

6. W0AQ

I think I've figured it out. Thanks.