ad: chuckmartin

Confirmations

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by 2E0YSO, Nov 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. VK2TEV

VK2TEV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the comments and replies, I have been trying to find a way to "Tick" conformations in QRZ. I will sign up for LoTW and manually update from "SOLID QSL Cards" and try this ADI file import.

2. N3VEZ

N3VEZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. It is a hobby, not life or death. I know getting these confirmations can be frustrating. I have hundreds of unconfirmed , between LOTW and QRZ. My attitude is to just keep operating and log those QSO s. It’s a hobby. I guess my attitude comes from being an air traffic controller for many years. Now that’s where I needed confirmations!

W0ARM, VK2TEV and W7UUU like this.
  3. W0ARM

W0ARM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the advice. Silly me... this did not occur to me! Guess that's why your the Mod'!
    73's

4. 2W1TER

2W1TER XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yep I'm all for this

5. 2E0YSO

2E0YSO Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

6. 2E0YSO

2E0YSO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave

Thanks for your replies. No I do not use any of the various logs or club logs just QRZ. Your reply regarding users doctoring their data (or massaging it)/ Cheating is actually the point I was trying to make. All I was suggesting is that if a QRZ logbook user declares a contact and the contact is also a QRZ user
    then perhaps that contact should be accepted? It's not like there is any monetary reward available for a contact, just a piece of paper. It would certainly not occur to me to cheat, and like you say what's the point. As far as I'm concerned QRZ is the bastion of everything Amateur Radio!

Mike 2E0YSO

7. 2W1TER

2W1TER XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not like you wear a medal for getting an 'award' It's just something you can print out for you wall. It's just for fun. But the system for confirming contacts is also borked at the moment

2E0YSO likes this.