Confirmations

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by 2E0YSO, Nov 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it is...until you attend a DX Banquet. :D:eek:

W7UUU likes this.
  2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this another one of those: "Why doesn't everyone do things my way?" threads?

Sure looks like it. Unfortunately, everyone does not do things the exact same way, and that is OK.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

That was not what I had in mind, so please accept my apologies.

Dave, feel free to delete the offending posts.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just a friendly discussion - no worries - it's all good :)

Dave
    W7UUU

5. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it was you that came up with the idea of trying for DXCC, WAS, etc on each of your rigs. I liked the idea so much that I created a custom column in my HRD log for "RIG", and a custom Award Tracker in HRD to track each award and endorsement based on the RIG column. Yes, I'm a nerd. The point is, the "BY RIG" awards only exist in my shack. That doesn't make them any less fun to chase or any less gratifying when they are achieved. Actually, when they are achieved it's time for a new rig!!

Another way to confirm contacts is via USPS or the bureau. I think that still counts. ;)

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I did :) I have more than half a dozen now... but the HW-16 was the first :)

Awards only mean something to the person they are "awarded" to.... anyone who would cheat on something like that is just being silly IMO!

Dave
    W7UUU

cert.PNG

N2SUB likes this.
  7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, just a normal day on "da Zed!". No harm intended, just discussion.

8. N2SUB

I've decided to put all of my awards in an album and decorate the shack with vintage radio signs. My wife said "nobody will look at your album". My feeling is, nobody was looking at my walls either (except me). Now they will. If you collect stamps or coins, you don't hang them on the wall. :)

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W7UUU

I went that exact same path! The only "awards" on the wall are DXCC, Triple Play, and WAS. The rest are in a big binder - no one wants to see them. The walls will be for "good stuff / fun to look at stuff" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N2SUB likes this.
  10. N2SUB

Ooops....wrong forum