ad: Sussex-1

Confirmation problem

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by DB2MD, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K3NB

K3NB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is interesting to me as none of my past 16 QSOs were confirmed. I THOUGHT I had this sorted out, UTC and all that, after having some problems coordinating with a couple stateside contacts. Thought I might try transferring my contacts to LOTW but had major headaches with it months ago. It's more fun when you get confirmation. Some places even give awards for racking up contacts. Confirmed ones.

2. DB2MD

DB2MD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just would like to know the reason of the mismatch so that I can solve the problem. I don't need more details. Is it forbidden for the administrator to tell only what is the reason i.e. different times of the QSOs?

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The UTC date/time is not within the required 30 minute window.

4. DB2MD

Thank you very much!

5. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't had a confirmation of a recent QSO since Confirmed: 2014-04-30 13:55:02 UTC.
    V2 hasn't taken off as well as I had hoped, either.

6. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I see confirmations for you newer than 2014-04-30 13:55:02 UTC:

LU1MA - 2014-06-09 11:10:01 UTC
    EA5WU - 2014-05-30 21:30:02 UTC
    KN7T -
    2014-05-12 08:40:02 UTC

If you notice in your logbook, many of the contacts are not bold and blue. This means they do not have a QRZ logbook, which subsequently means no confirmation. Now that said, we have a few things in the works that I really believe will help with this -- The primary being integration with your desktop logging application so that when you add a new QSO it is automatically imported into your QRZ Logbook. This, among a couple other "potential features" should help with participation.

My focus is switching now to Awards, which should be motivation for some additional folks to use the logbook as well.

7. DB2MD

I sent private massages to M6ZXZ but he does not reply. The UTC date/time is not within the required 30 minute window and he rejects my confirmation request. At this day I was working from the club station DL0AQ and I had a paper log. I wrote the data on a sheet of paper. It is a pity, unfortunately I cannot find this sheet. I think, I have the correct time, but I don't know why he has logged a different time. May be I logged a wrong time.
    I am not sure M6ZXZ reads my private massages. Is there a way to point his attention on this? I am not sure that he even receives my messages. Could the logbook administrator send him a message just to replay to my messages? Is there any way to get in contact with him to clarify the details about our QSO?

8. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your private messages have been forwarded to him.

On M6ZXZ's callsign page he specifically provides his QSL policy. Suggest you follow it. I've done all I can to assist you.

Remember it is only a hobby and everyone has personal preferences. Some operate low bands, others high. Some use CW, others use phone or digital. Some log their QSOs, others don't. Some QSL, others don't. Not all fit into your idea of what they should do.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  9. WZ4DAY

WZ4DAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I will never use qrz again too much hastle.

10. DB2MD

I know that you tried to help me I am sorry to bother you but I don't know why this guy is doing this. I now his QSL policy. He writes, he would like a confirmation per email. I wrote emails to him but he never replies, neither to the private emails nor to the private messages via qrz.com. :(Once he wrote as a rejection reason 'The QSO is already in my logbook'. But what does this mean?What kind of reason is this? This is not a reason to reject the confirmation. Of course it is his logbook, it is in mine too, that's why I am asking for confirmation. The question is why we don't match. I don't understand him at all. He is just rejecting the confirmation and does not reply to any message or email. And the reason is the QSO is in his logbook???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.