Confirmation problem

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by DB2MD, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. DB2MD

DB2MD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the problem that M6ZXZ rejects my confirmation request. We had a very nice QSO and he added me to his log book. May be I am logging something wrong. I would like to see the details he logged in his log book. Unfortunately I can see only his last 15 QSOs. How can I see the details of the QSO with him on 2014-04-29? I just need the details about our QSO he put in his logbook.
    Thank you very much!

2. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The change in the V2 logbook is that you log the QSO with the information that you recorded. If he logs the QSO with the same information (within limits) that you recorded, there will be a QSL match. It is not intended that you see what date & time, for example, and the correct band that he logged.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Any mismatch in confirmation information should be resolved through the interchange of e-mail or private messages external to the QRZ Logbook.

A confirmation match requires agreement of callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30 minute window.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  4. KA5KZF

KA5KZF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no conformation from any of the last 30 odd QSO's I've had in the last 30 days. Almost all were QRZ members and many showing that they confirm every contact made. Very strange that not one QSO of this bunch has ever been confirmed. Not so with the old log, my average with all QSO's was about 50% confirmed.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The current view of your latest 15 contacts shows a confirmed QSO on 5/29 (6 days ago) with EA3FQ.

Some logbook users log a contact directly when completed, others (especially those using other logbooks) wait until they get around to uploading them. There is no time limit, a record of a contact will be accepted even if it took place 20 or more years ago.

6. DB2MD

He logged me in his log book. Unfortunately, I can not see the information any more because only the last QSOs are shown. I saw my callsign in his logbook before but I did not write the information down. He does not reply to my private messages. The logbook administrator could just give me the details he logged for our QSO in a message. Is this possible? If he does not reply, what can I do? I just want to log this QSO correctly.

7. W1DQ

For DB2MD:

If you saw your callsign listed in his logbook and you have also entered the QSO in your logbook then both records must exist. The view into his logbook only contains the date, callsign, band and mode but not the time. While the date, callsign, band and mode might agree, the time might disagree beyond the 30 minute window. The time entry must be the UTC time and not a person's local time so make sure you have entered the correct time unit.

Not having been a party to the QSO, I have no way of determining which QSO record is correct. If you believe you have the correct record, then you have no reason to change it. Neither you, nor I, can force the worked party to respond to your reasonable request

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  8. DB2MD

But could you please tell me the exact reason of the mismatch. You can see his record and my record. I logged 2014 - 04 -29, 18:27 UTC, 14.162 MHz. Did he entered another time? What is the time he entered. May be we disagree in the time?
    Thank you very much!

9. W1DQ

The "double blind" confirmation policy of QRZ requires both parties to each independently report the same information (by entering or editing) without intervention by others. If you cannot resolve it directly with your worked party, the QSO will remain unconfirmed.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  10. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here in the US, some hams get confused because of (so-called) Daylight Savings Time. They don't realize that UTC is not subject to the farce of "Daylight Saving Time", and the UTC for their QSOs are off by one hour. You could create two more QSOs, one an hour less than what your original QSO used, and one with an hour later than the original; maybe one of the two QSOs will then match what the other ham used for the UTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.