Confirmation for World Continents Award

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by K3CGG, Apr 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3CGG

K3CGG Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. So I know there was a thread created recently for receiving confirmations in order to get QSL cards. I on the other hand, simply would like confirmations to be filed electronically through QRZ.

I would really LOVE to have the World Continent Award...especially since I have already made the contacts. This past weekend during the WW CQ WPX contest, I contacted multiple stations in Africa and Oceania (Hawaii, Australia etc...).

I was elated that my 30 year old barefoot radio with a homemade loop was able to reach with such a strong signal. (yeah, I know everyone is a 59 during a contest ;)...) but when they come back immediately with the correct call sign and the exchange is over in a second...you KNOW you got through.

Though I have previously contacted ALL the continents needed for this award, I have not been able to receive the award since too few people use QRZ as a way of confirming the QSO. Why is that???

I recently contacted someone who operated a station in Australia. Though this person already has a QRZ account, a valid email of the operator and an in-depth profile (all of which are on QRZ) I can NOT get this person...or others from Hawaii and Africa...to send a confirmation.

Why not?

Their account has already been created. It's not like I am asking them to create a new QRZ account simply on my behalf. I sent an email out to the operator's account. Nothing yet. Hopefully they will send an online confirmation. It's simply a quick form to fill out. Literally. Actually, not even, since I am the one who logged it, all they simply have to do is confirm with the push of a button. That's it. A simple mouse click to confirm.

So frustrating. Don't they know that not everyone wants a QSL card? I have dozens. I enjoy them. But after a while, where do they get stored? For the simple act of pushing a button, I could have a 8-1/2"x 11" award dated, with my callsign and achievement hanging on my wall.

Sigh...guess I will have to keep trying.

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree and would have dxcc for SSB & CW and was for SSB if . . . .
    Some will only use clublog for pay, others may only get internet a few times a year and like you already mentioned dont use qrz for logs.
    I've got several countries and a couple states where I've worked 6-12 contacts and no one logs here or
    Some are stuck on paper or may not want to comfirm at all.

Keep trying sometimes it takes longer than the mail to get them electronically.
    73 Bob

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just keep working stations. Yep - not everyone uses QRZ. That's a fact :)

So the only answer is keep working stations as often as you can - you'll eventually get enough who use QRZ.

Makes it all that much more of a challenge, right? :)

Dave
    W7UUU

W5DON likes this.