Confirmation by qsl-card.

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by CT1DRB, Apr 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. CT1DRB

CT1DRB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello all,

call is CT1DRB, name is David and qth is close to Lisbon.

From 2008 to 2010 I was operating as CU3HQ in Terceira Island in Azores, it was indeed nice time over there. I operated with a lot of US stations and I did qso with all 50 USA states. 49 states are confirmed by LoTW, however, the 50th state will be confirmed by a qsl-card. A ham from Montana has sent me a qsl-card.

How can I confirm, when I have the qsl-card with me, that in fact I have confirmation of all 50 US states ?

Maybe sending a scan of the qsl-card, correct ?

Looking forward to reading from you.

Best 73 and till next email.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
    David Quental

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LoTW would accept the card but QRZ has no provision for that.

3. CT1DRB

Hello,

uau, very fast answer indeed.

Ok, but when LoTW has confirmation of the qsl-card I will download from LoTW in settings and then it would count for QRZ or am I not correct ?

Best 73.

CT1DRB/OK8RB
    David Quental

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think so. You get credit on LoTW for awards but its not "confirmed" in ur LoTW log.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. CT1DRB

7. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Could you possibly type the QSL info from that card manually into QRZ, then email the station in Montana, have them come on here and confirm the QSO?

8. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For a confirmation to take place, both parties must have a established QRZ Logbook, each with a QSO record in it that matches by callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute. When and how that is brought about is immaterial.

9. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thats what I’m saying. If the Montana station is active on here it shouldn’t be a problem. That’s how I got a confirm out of Russia once - he sent me a card, I typed it into my logbook, Emailed him, he came on and confirmed it.