Conditions are back/ DX is good

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0UO, Oct 28, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm starting to hear stations with wet noodle antennas in Europe and the United States work each other.

15 has been good and getting better and even some activity on 12 and 10.

So if you haven't worked distance stations ever/ or for a while, get whatever you can on the Air and start making some fun contacts.

73 and good DX from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire, I'm In the Air or On the Air daily

WD4ELG, PU2OZT, KD2UHD and 2 others like this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just spent a few minutes on the air (Friday evening) before we have to head out for dinner.

Found Tom KH0/KC0W on PHONE. He's a CW op, but there he was with a big signal on 15m SSB, so we worked and said hello.

Just a few kHz down from him BG4WOM is 20/S9 so we worked instantly (15m). Back to CW, worked HD8R and DS4EOI using the little Xiegu G90 (20W...maybe). Also just worked HD8R on 17 CW with the little Xiegu. Such a fun pocket rocket.

Bands are good. CME headed this way might wipe them out, though. Guess we'll see what happens.

K0UO likes this.
  3. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

HD8R is on 10m right now with a signal that is rock solid on the East Coast.

K0UO likes this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe I've worked more DX in the last month than I have for the first 9 months of this year! 10m and 12m are encouraging. DXpedition teams are on the road again.

5. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked N7ET/DU7 on 17 meter CW this evening my time. Even with the incoming CME.

That's the first time in 7 years to-the-month that I heard or worked Philippines. Conditions definitely getting better!

6. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Happy to see 10meters open again

W1BR and WD4ELG like this.
  7. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

17 meters has been the go to band for Asian and Pacific contacts here in the Northeast. Those WARC bands are great.