Comtronix FM-200 6 Meter Tranceiver

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KC4HGH, Jul 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC4HGH

KC4HGH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, all...I recently acquired a Comtronix FM-200 transceiver, with no mic, power cord (other than the little pigtail affixed to it) nor microphone or owner's manual. I am looking for any type of documentation that I can get, please. My e-mail address is staceys4@hotmail.,com .

Thanks, Bud KC4HGH

2. WB5ITT

WB5ITT Ham Member QRZ Page

Mic is 600ohm dynamic iirc. Easy to find PTT, ground on jack with VM...that leaves two pins, one is not connected and the other is mic audio in.
    Operation is easy....freq is selected by MHz switch (52 or 53) and what the dial shows (in even numbers iirc)...pull the squelch knob out add +10k for ODD channel up (Should have been ODD on display but oh well). You have simplex and two offset selections...(-1MHz included....need a xtal for additional like -1.7MHz offset...not sure actual freq...but -1MHz is pretty common though -1.7MHz is more common in NW US)
    I owned one...about 20watts, 0.25uV sensitivity....rare to find them...power is easy to make up....ground and +12V...VOM tells you which is ground...other is +

Chris
    WB5ITT