ad: w5yi

Computer Problem with FT8

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KR4BD, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KR4BD

KR4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me start off by saying I am NOT very “computer literate”. I have been using a modern HP laptop (using Windows 10) for about 8 months with ZERO problems.... until today. Everything seemed fine today until I tried to download my daily ADI log files to a thumb drive which I use to upload my LOTW logs on another computer. The problem:

I can NOT find any of the ADI files on the laptop computer. Fortunately, I have everything backed up on the thumb-drive (and on the other computer) through last night.

Apparently our “friends” at Microsoft downloaded yet another update sometime today. My wife’s computer got it, too. EVERYTHING is different. The only other thing I use this laptop for is photo editing (which is rare). I don’t surf with it nor use it for email, etc. I have the latest version of one of the free virus programs installed on it.

Microsoft was kind enough to send me dozens of pages of instructions about all the “improvement” they made to my laptop which I don’t understand.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

2. W1XWX

W1XWX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see anything different? Usually file downloads go into the Downloads folder by default. 73

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

If you used a browser to initiate the download, check the browser configuration for the folder it uses for downloads. It can be changed, and it may have changed after the update.

4. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using WSJT to transfer the ADI files? It has "ownership" of the files and using it may avoid permission issues with Windows 10 that can prevent you from seeing the files.

5. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

ur not using the meade the rite way. u will have to send it here .. lol ... very nice setup and the other scopes ... iam do imaging myself.

W1XWX likes this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

o_O

KB2WVO likes this.