ad: chuckmartin

Computer controlled coaxial antenna switch (need to find)

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by K8EA, Sep 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8EA

K8EA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am in need of a coaxial switch for antenna selection for my remote control setup. I cannot seem to find one on the market. Would need to be one that would take say 12VDC and switch from antenna A to antenna B. Any ideas/recommendations out there?

2. K5TEE

K5TEE Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

My next question is which band(s) do you wish to have remote control on? If it's an HF transceiver with 2 VFOs, you may be able to utilize the radio as an A/B switch. Just a thought.

4. K8EA

K8EA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all the input folks. I think the MFJ4712 is the answer. The KMtronic relay board is supported by remotehams.com server platform. All I need to do is slightly modify the MFJ switch to the relay board. I will use it inside the house. Waiting for both products to arrive. KC8RLU, my Icom 7300 only has only one SO239 which I think is about the only complaint I have about this radio. That said, I am adding an amp anyway so the switching will have to occur after the amp anyway. This forum has been very helpful on this subject. Again...thanks for all the input. I'll re-post here when I have the project done, hopefully by the weekend.