ad: LEARA-1

Computer-based DSP Noise Filter

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by KO5V, Nov 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anybody found a program (preferably free!) that will allow me to use my PC to remove some of the noise from the audio output of my transceiver?

My DSP speaker just quit, and it looks terminal, so I would like to try something a bit less expensive before buying another one. Plus, I just like to experiment.

Thanks in advance. 73,

Jim KO5V

2. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Google is your friend.
    There are quite a few, but most take some computing power to use.
    Google, read, download a few and try them out.
    Even some of the stand alone SDR software packages can be made to work in that manner.
    But most of them work, work well and some are extremely adjustable.

3. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have searched, and I downloaded one, but there was an echo on the loud signals that I couldn't eliminate. I was hoping to get more suggestions, and also hear from some folks that had successfully used them.

Also, I have a painfully slow DSL connection (all I can get right now), so in general, I try not to download anything unless there's a good chance of it working

I already have a couple of SDR programs installed, so I'll see what they might do. Thanks for that suggestion. I had not even considered it.

73, Jim

4. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You have to play around with settings.
    The echo most likely came from a settings issue on the computer.
    The "listen to this" or something like that box must be unchecked.