SOLD Complete ICOM IC-718 HF Package

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K4OSS, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4OSS

K4OSS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am selling my Icom IC-718 HF rig along with a few accessories. Included in the package:
    • IC-718 (Made in Japan)
    • LDG Z100 Auto Tuner with interface cable that mates to the IC-718
    • Icom IC-SM6 Desk Mic
    • Standard Icom Hand Mic
    • PowerWerx SS-30DV 25A (Continuous, 30A Peak) Switching Power Supply w/ PowerPole jacks
    • CW Filter - International Radio Corp. #116 455 KHz 400 Hz (installed in the IC-718)
    • User manual, schematic diagram
    • Power cable for 718, interface/power cable for LDG tuner, RF jumper cable for antenna tuner
    Besides being in great condition (I never really used this radio much), this radio is made better by the fact that it is an older, "Made in Japan" model.

This radio is *perfect* for folks who operate mostly on digital modes; the simplicity of the radio is its strength -- it gives you a nice basic transceiver to work with, and minimal settings that need fussing with. It's also great for CW ops or folks who just want a decent, all-around HF rig as their first radio or as a backup to their primary radio.

I am reluctantly selling this radio because my wife and I are giving a new nomadic minimalist lifestyle a try... we're going to be full-time RVers, so cargo capacity is at a premium, and I can only keep the bare essentials. (I've elected to keep my TS-590S).

The LDG tuner interfaces with the 718, so it draws power from the radio and can tell when it needs to re-tune as you dial around. You can also force a tuning by pushing the button on the tuner.

Radio has been in storage for a number of years, but it worked great the last time I had it on the air. Several years ago, I put it on a calibrated service monitor, and the frequency error was just about 1 Hz and power output was slightly more than 100 watts! We've been so busy preparing for our new lifestyle that I haven't had time to test the 718 again, but as you can see from the photos, it powers up normally. I have no reason to suspect any issues with this radio.

A conservative estimate on the value of this equipment, if purchased new, is about $920 (Radio: $525, CW Filter: $175, Tuner: $100, Power Supply: $120 + $? for the desk mic)

I will sell the whole package, shipped and insured to the continental U.S. (my choice of FedEx or USPS) for only $750. If you live in the northern Virginia area and would like to pick up locally, I will knock a few more bucks off the price.

Thanks for looking.

73 de Charlie/K4OSS

PHOTO GALLERY: https://imgur.com/a/CE6iD

[​IMG]

Payment methods: I prefer cash (for in-person sales) USPS Money Order, Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Etherium, or DASH). I can also accept PayPal (reluctantly), but I'd rather not hassle with cashier's checks or personal checks.

KA8UGB likes this.
  2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

You need your physical callsign in the photo.

The newer 718’s are made where now?

3. K4DVW

K4DVW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

This ad has been flagged for not following posted QRZ Safety Rules.

All for-sale and for-trade listings for items exceeding $100 in value must include a photo of the item or items being offered. It must be an actual photo of the item in the seller's possession and may not be a stock or manufacturer's photo. All photos are Google searched to make sure that they are unique. A photo of the box which contains the item for sale is not sufficient. You must open the box and show the item.

If the item being offered is valued at more than $250.00 then the sellers callsign must appear in at least one photo of each item, set and taken alongside the item offered for sale. Handwritten callsigns are preferred. Digitally superimposed call signs do not meet this requirement.

If you are the seller you can add photos, including your call sign next to the item(s), by using the Post Reply feature in this ad.

If you are having problems uploading pictures, please read here; https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-to-add-a-photo-updated.267046/

4. K4OSS

My apologies for forgetting to include my callsign. I will dig the radio back out and take a photo of the serial number plate with my callsign next to it.

5. K4OSS

As requested, see photo with call sign and serial number of radio.

[​IMG]

KA8UGB likes this.
  6. K7LRB

K7LRB Ham Member QRZ Page

I too am interested in the answer to Mike's question. Where are the 718s made now?

Thanks and 73,
    de Larry

7. K4OSS

Well, it is quite possible I was mistaken - I apologize about that. My mind ain't what it used to be, and I've got a lot of on my plate right now. I must have been thinking of Kenwood? For some reason I thought these were made in Malaysia now, but it appears they are still made in Japan, best I can tell.

8. K1TPN

K1TPN Ham Member QRZ Page

Tuner still available? Only need the tuner.

9. K4OSS

All items have been SOLD!

10. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.