company repair service

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by WP4HVS, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WP4HVS

WP4HVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello from WP4HVS Jimmy, i sent about a years ago a yaesu FT-990 to repair to the yaesu company in cerrotos CA, they receive the radio in 4 days in about a month, i call them and they say to me they where moving saw, i have to whait 2 more month then i call they set the radio was on the tech desk, 1 month pass and they say to me that the cost was 1500 dls thats ridicules for a radio that just have a cable loose on a board and i think a relay damage, because the radio one day i turn on and he start to make a sound like a click and he start blinking, it was working ok until that ocasion saw, i deceide to sended to repair to the yaesu company, they offer me another ft-990 and some money or a coupon of 400 dls, for my ft-990 i dont undestand if the radio cost saw much to repair for me suspicios anyway i tell them to send me back my radio to sale it for parts, but i will never by another yaesu radio in my life i already both the ts-2000 from kenwoood and i am very happy whit it, (i was a fan of yaesu radio all my radios was yaesu, not anymore) this is my personal opinion yaesu radio are very good, but be careful whit they service. Jimmy WP4HVS.

2. kg4eom

kg4eom QRZ Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    I send my radio to Amerature Radio Service in Tucker GA.
    phone 770 939 1320. Repair in one or two weeks. Good service at a good price.  
    The people at  Yaesu get paid even if they take months to repair you radio. Been there done that.
    73,s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.