"COMPACtenna" - fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KK6QMS, May 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Fair enough...

But the presentation of THIS antenna contains too much smoke and too many mirrors to be believable as to that being the case.

2. N8EKT

N8EKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm the ultimate skeptic when it comes to any "new" or "improved" antennas so I too have my reservations

Guess I've seen far to many 1/4 wave 2 meter whips marketed as dual banders
    and "super HD TV" antennas that claim a 200 mile range advertised by somebody who was selling miracle laundry soap the week before

I may buy one for testing

If I do, I will test it against industry standard mobile antennas while driving in an urban environment then cut it apart and post my findings

3. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

do it do it do it!
    :)

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like ten of them. The check will be in the e-mail tonight.;) BTW, how much is shipping and handling?:rolleyes:

5. MPANTENNA

MPANTENNA QRZ Member

K4ENR likes this.
  6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KR3DX

KR3DX Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KR3DX

KR3DX Subscriber QRZ Page

Cell towers do that because not all cell phone users hold their phone with its antenna always in the vertical plane........
    and "polarity diversity" INCREASES the instances of signal reflection, which is the cause of fading. Like everything else, there are advantages and disadvantages to doing it one way or the other, you have to choose which way is better for the more common circumstances. In this case its because the physical orientation of the cell phone antennas are unpredictable.

9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

That has a nice ring to it. Are there more lyrics?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

10. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure I follow you. It is a patent applied for by, invented by, and assigned to Jack Nilsson.

Anyway- the patent and design is actually looking good. I have not read it top to bottom yet. The issues that remain are his claims and presentation. I see a nice wide banded vertically polarized antenna using a wide conductor. Seems like instead of large dia pipe to get wider band response you flatten it. Ok. Cool.

Anyway enjoying the discourse in this thread.
    C