Common tool for making radial slots ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4TQF, Oct 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

A DRILLLL

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty hard to cut slots in the yard with that...:rolleyes:

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Here you go you bunch of ditch diggers! Bury your radials even though you don't have to. Borrow my trencher below:

blob.jpg

W4IOA likes this.
  4. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This time of year just cut your lawn short and lay the radials down and staple them. Use your fingers or a screwdriver to part the grass to get them closer. They'll be gone in spring. Worry about tripping? Don't drag yer feet.

Really, it isn't difficult. They don't need to be buried. You don't need a thousand of them. I put mine down over the summer, used a edger on some but didn't on the last 8. The ones I didn't use the edger on disappeared much quicker than the edger ones, mainly due to the grass was cut out of the ground.No worries because next spring my Bermuda grass will fill in.

KK5JY and W5WN like this.
  5. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's great as long as you have grass. Some lawns are thin or have poor, rocky soil where grass doesn't grow well.

6. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Always sumpthin ain't it

W5WN likes this.
  7. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it is!

8. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The irony is that for a vertical to work well in such areas it needs more radials than those of us with good soil that is easy to work. :oops:

WZ7U and W5WN like this.
  10. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] Simply drag it around, works quick. Takes me 10 minutes to go a hundred feet, 6 inches deep. The head is Apx. 1.25 inches wide