Common mistakes on HF phone?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W0AZZ, Mar 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Glen,
    Nope. OTOH IMO, it's time for another posting lesson... how to quote someone so they'll know their post is being replied to. And, how to not talk down to them by referring to them by their callsign suffix (even if YOU think it is OK).
    Bryan WA7PRC

WG7X likes this.
  2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

PRC:

Put me on ignore if you don't like how I post!

Otherwise, all that you are doing is wasting storage space here on QRZ.com! Frankly, I could not care less about your opinions. I do not criticize your methods and you really should not criticize my methods.

If you are trying to insult me, remember that to be insulted I have to respect the person who is doing the insulting . . .

Glen, K9STH

K3XR likes this.
  3. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

No,buy improper identification,or was that part not pointed out clearly?

4. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like any topic will upset someone. Spin the big knob.

K3XR and WA7PRC like this.
  5. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you talking about using a park identifier?

Like what happens with IOTA?

Or stations on VHF with grid squares?

Seems like a lot of people using improper identification...

KC9VFO likes this.
  6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Glen,
    Annoying formatting stripped for clarity.

I've stated many times, I agree with Jim N2EY who has said that having anyone on ignore says more about the ignorer than the ignoree -- it says the ignorer can't handle the comments of the ignoree. Further, when I did maintain an ignore list, those people could continue to say things I object to, and I wouldn't know it. Therefore, I will NEVER AGAIN maintain an ignore list. If I don't respond, I'm either too busy, or just don't care.

I'm not trying to insult you. I already know you don't respect me... and everyone else you refer to by solely their callsign suffix. Ironically, you always sign with your name, as if you want others to refer to you by your name (instead of your callsign suffix). o_O

Thanks for your opinion...
    ...and have a nice day. ;)

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

PS: The only way I knew you posted the above is because, even though you didn't use the Reply feature, I had subscribed to the thread. :)

WG7X likes this.
  7. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

You may refer to the Part 97 for the correct legal method of station identification,unless your game is selling maps or certificates,it's Country, state ,county city,then there is no question as to the transmissions point of origin.

8. KS4W

KS4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm curious, what section of Part 97 are you referring? Sec. 97.119 Station identification doesn't seem to require this. (Except dealing with stations that fall under Sec. 97.107 Alien control operator privileges.)

9. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Chances are it will be a while before you operate out of your allotted frequency's. When I purchased my first hf transceiver which had "split" function I embarrassed myself more than I care to mention before I got used to where it was located and the importance of "turning it off". It's only ham radio. It can't eat you. Have fun.

N1OOQ and WA7PRC like this.
  10. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

I defend your right.