COMMERCIAL AUDIO POP UP WHEN USING QRZ

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WB9IIV, Oct 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. WB9IIV

WB9IIV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ
    It is very disturbing when your AUDIO commercials pop up while I'm in qso with another station.After 2 days I found out how to block out the unwanted audio.
    You could at least notify users you are the culprit.At first I thought my HF Rig was going crazy ...

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I've never had an audio pop-up on QRZ.

3. WB9IIV

YOUR LUCKY 73 WB9IIV

WR2E likes this.
  4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard one, sure hope they don't continue. Seems like advertising the most and only important thing in the world.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The adds in this block at the bottom of the bio pages were auto running, that is what it was. I also saw it happening but I think they must have fixed it because it has stopped. Or it is just some of the adds in that block that auto run. And yes very annoying, I had to turn down the volume so I wouldn't hear it.

help1.jpg

Auto running a video in a bio page is not allowed on the site. So it must be some sorta mistake in the add.
    If it continues you can report it with a support ticket.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    K9ASE and W7UUU like this.
  6. WB9IIV

Tom: I found a very small icon speaker at very top of my QRZ link. It has a very small "Globe-WB9IIV-Callsign lookup by x"..I clicked on the speaker and it stopped the audio . Since I made this posting the little speaker has not returned ,just a empty space .