Unverified Seller Collins KWM-2 HF Transceiver and 516F2 Power Supply

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W1TIS, Jun 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W1TIS

W1TIS Ham Member QRZ Page

KWM-2 serial number 10960 for sale

First, this is NOT one of the EBay listed radios that are listed parts only, non-working, un-tested, or for restoration.

This is a fully functioning, working radio in excellent physical and electrical condition. I had it on the air just this (June 15th) morning and got excellent signal reports – strength and audio quality.

See more pictures at web.simmons.edu/~tis/KWM2

I recently had it serviced by W1DU and you can see from the attached invoice that the radio received a complete alignment and 1) the receiver exceeds specified performance and 2) the transmitter output ranges from 120 watts to 105 watts (on 10 meters). All tubes were checked and weak/bad tubes replaced.

This is really a beautiful piece of equipment and I hate to see it go, but I don’t use it much so it is time for someone else to enjoy it.

With all that being said since the radio must be all of 50 years old I have to state it is being sold as is and no returns but I feel highly confident you will be satisfied.

$700 or BO + shipping UPS from 02030 or pickup in Boston MA area
    KWM2-Front Call Sign.JPG

516F-2 Power Supply

Power supply and case (no speaker) in excellent condition. Has been re-caped and modified to include a relay so that the on/off switch in the kwm2 controls the relay (low current) and the relay turns on the power supply (high current). Prevents the radio on/off switch from wearing out due to high current. Also has a new heavy duty power cord.

Will power the KWM-2 listed or any of the 32S series transmitters.

Will include solid state tube replacements, although I never used them.

Rather not sell before the KWM2 is sold.

Must ship in two boxes as shipping the power supply in the case will cause the case to be damaged.

See more pictures at web.simmons.edu/~tis/516F2

With all that being said since the radio must be all of 50 years old I have to state it is being sold as is and no returns but I feel highly confident you will be satisfied.

$395 of BO + shipping from UPS 02030 or pickup in Boston MA area

Bruce - W1TIS bruce.tis@simmons.edu

Buy both units for $1050 + shipping 516f2-case-front.JPG

Attached Files:

KH6KG, W2CSI, AE1CT and 4 others like this.
  2. W1TIS

W1TIS Ham Member QRZ Page

KWM2 has been sold

516F-2 still available

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.