For Sale Collins 51J-2 Receiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K5YVY, Jul 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K5YVY

K5YVY Ham Member QRZ Page

$200 Or Best offer.
    This is a 1950's Collins 51J-2 receiver. It needs cleaning up, and reconditioned. It appears to have all it's tubes, though I can't say if they all are still working. I did plug this unit up and the lights work. It needs a new chassis mount 239 attached for antenna. All the knobs are present, one knob needs a new set screw. The Collins winged logo was apparently removed and replaced with a brass plate with a name of Ralph E. Whitaker, only information I could find on that name was a fella that moved to Tupelo, MS from Alabama many years ago, but I was not able to connect him directly to this piece, as his name isn't in FCC ULS, maybe he was a SWL. I would love to recondition this unit and get the 4 digit price tag for it, but I have more modern upgrades planned to other equipment, and never reconditioned a item before.

I don't plan to ship, could discuss meeting reasonably, but I do plan to bring it to the Huntsville Hamfest.

Comment here or send me a email to kd5yvy@gmail.com if you would like to discuss this item. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

KE9OL and KG4BFR like this.
  2. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.