For Sale Collins 32V3

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W0TDH, Jan 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W0TDH

W0TDH Ham Member QRZ Page

No, there are no buttons or modern gadgets on this Rig.....If you have no idea of how to operate a Classic Rig....please do not purchase. It was Born in the Early 50's and weighs about 130lbs.
    Howard Mills did a great job on my old 32V3. Detailed report included, case was powder coated.
    Howard's audio mods were installed and has just about the best AM audio there is.
    Re-furbished Late 2012 Early 2013. Did not get back to me until August 2013.
    No Shipping.
    A friend of Howard's was headed to the beach and brought V3 to Eastern NC, where I met him. Yes, it was worth the trip. Knowing nothing was going to get smashed.

No Shipping..... Can/will meet part way.

Interested folks can make a Sked to hear what she sounds like. 3890, 7295, 21, 420 or 29.010.

Make an offer.....own a Classic.

Please respond Via email. It is on QRZ site.

P.S. The station photo was on the cover of ER magazine Oct 2014 issue.
    Tnx Ray.

WØTDH  8-29-14.jpg Collins 32V3 1.jpg Collins 32V3 2.jpg Collins 32V3 3.jpg Collins 32V3 4.jpg

KH6KG, WA6Q, KK4CCA and 1 other person like this.
  2. WA2GZW

WA2GZW Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you give us an idea of how much you would like to get for this Beautiful Radio??

3. W0TDH

Up to and including what it is really worth. Over 1000 folks looked at the old Ad a while back.
    But, no offers. It is quite costly to have one of these refurbished. Not to mention the expense
    of getting it to W3HM and then bringing it home. You also have to wait your turn and give him
    ample time to do what he does best.....make Collins Rigs perform like new.
    You have to love these machines to do that.
    I am getting to where it is difficult to move the V3 and the A2.
    Perhaps it is time for someone else to care for this Rig.

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm interested BUT you'll have to supply us OLD FARTS with a PRICE!!!

K7YB and WB0MMZ like this.
  5. KD6VXI

KD6VXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, they are pretty strict about this NOT being ebay.

At least give a starting price.

And you'd probably do better on amfone or another dedicated am website. Especially if trying to auction it.

--Shane
    KD6VXI

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not true regarding the rules here - "please make an offer" happens all the time and eBay links are fully allowed as long as they meet the rules

Quoting rules:

"m. eBay Listings
    - Your for-sale ad may link to an eBay sale, however, a complete description of the item, and a photo, must be included in the QRZ ad."

Dave
    W7UUU

K7QI likes this.
  7. K3DRJ

K3DRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think what's on everyone's mind here is not insulting Ray with too low an offer.

8. W0TDH

The V3 is not listed anywhere else. Perhaps the AMFone Group would be the best place.
    This not an auction. The asking price in several attempts to sell V3 here on QRZ
    was $2250.00 .......and had absolutely no response.
    If the price seems too high(bear in mind the time, trouble and money it takes to have one re-done)
    send me an offer via email direct.

Tom - WØTDH

WB7OXP likes this.
  9. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.