ad: elecraft

Sale/Trade Collectors YAESU FT-101EE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N9SES, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N9SES

N9SES Ham Member QRZ Page

I Have a NEW Never Used Yaesu FT-101ee Missing The Manual.
    The Radio Is a Collectors Dream It Comes With Original Mic, And Original Power Cable, It Also Comes With a Used Fan That I Have To Throw In.
    Look At The Pictures, Please No Scammers, Looking For Local Hams Or In The Chicago & North West Indiana Areas.
    I am Interested In Trades With Modern HF Rigs.
    Make Your Offers Please You Can Email Me At Address Listed On My QRZ Page.
    More Pictures here http://www.n9ses.com/?page_id=413
    73s Ayman N9SES

Attached Files:

KE9OL, VE5RH and WP4I like this.
  2. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

New, never used?

As a long time 101 series collector, I was seriously interested in this item based on the title and description. Then I looked closely at the pictures.

The knobs, meter, and vfo display areas are loaded with dust, and there are imperfections/marks/scratches visible in various spots when you expand the photos.

While this 101EE may be in very good condition, with original box and accessories, it is far from NEW never used collector quality. I'd be curious to see what the inside looks like.

Take some time to clean up the front panel and knobs, take some good clear photos, and be honest with your description. Then you may get a good buck for it.

I'm sure the moderators will kill this comment in short order. But this ad is dishonest and misleading! Buyer beware!

AE8Q, K5NSN and W7UUU like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that these are fair observations and form a question for the seller: please clarify: is this radio as listed truly "new and never used?" If so, why would the knobs and meter have so much dust if it's in fact new and never used?

Fair questions to ask a seller making such claims.

N3AB, W3HRS, AC7RH and 3 others like this.
  4. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yea it looks as though it sat outside of the box at a minimum, but pretty cool the original box is included.

W3HRS likes this.
  5. W8WAM

W8WAM Ham Member QRZ Page

New never used. No manual and band selector is set for 11 meters good to VG condition at its best! Where is the clear plastic that usually covers the face?

6. HK1X

HK1X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

good morning please respond my proposal by email thanks

7. N9SES

N9SES Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All, The Radio Is New And Never Used To Transmit But Was On the Shelf For About 2 Months It Was Powered Once When I Bought It Last Year Just To Make Sure It Was Working. The Person That I Got It From is a CB'er And Has Many Of These Radios But Not New Like This. My Original Post Said I Would Prefer To Sell Locally The Reason Is For the Buyer to Inspect The Radio Prior To Paying, I am an Honest Person and Wont Cheat a Fellow Ham, I Have To Go to the Dollar store Today Buy a Feather Duster and Clean The Knobs. Like I Said I Had It On The Shelf To Show Off In My Shack. I Hope I answered your questions. 73s

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.