Club "Christmas" party vs "Holiday" party?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by AI7PM, Nov 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds similar to "Do unto others..." - uh oh! There, I did it again!

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No thanks, I avoid bad neighborhoods.

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Says you. A Christmas party is for those who celebrate Christmas. If your club is a Christian based ham radio club, then it's completely appropriate! If you have people of different faiths, then what are you saying? If you're so open and inclusive, why not call it a Hanukkah Party?

I am not entering a religious argument, it's pointless, and I have zero invested in how you want to host a ham radio party.

Good luck, and enjoy the holidays in whatever fashion you choose!

4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If a man can't think for himself, he is but a sheep.

5. WN1MB

And to you, friend! 73!

K1SZO likes this.
  6. WN1MB

That reminds me of an incredibly funny joke which is completely inappropriate to share on the QRZ.COM forums - let alone Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, or Holiday parties.

Thanks for the unintentional memory nudge!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  7. KI7HSB

KI7HSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you called it a Hanukkah party, it should be perceive as just as religiously exclusive as a Christmas, Muslim, Buddhist, Shintoist, or even an Atheist party. Anyone that would say otherwise is just proving that their complaint really isn't about exclusion, its about their hatred of Christians.

I've attended A LOT of Christmas parties in my nearly 60 years, I have never, ever, even ONCE been asked to affirm any faith in the lord Jesus Christ as a condition of attending, nor have I ever seen a single person that was atheist, agnostic, jewish or any other 'ish be asked to leave. This superstitions NONSENSE that a "Christmas" party excludes ANYONE is not only wrong, it is proof of the intolerance of those that complain about it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  8. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Check "Pearls Before Swine" for the last couple of days in the comics page or on the web...

9. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Merry Christmahaunikwanza