Canceled Classic Icom IC-725

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WA8MEA, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

For Sale - A beautiful Icom IC-725. I bought this from an estate sale, and the protective cellophane tape was still on the rig! Cosmetically and operationally - a 9.8 out of 10. Comes with original hand mic, fused power cable, original manual and a photocopied manual printed from the Icom website. Original box not available, but I will double box and protect this every way I know how. $375 shipped USPS CONUS. PayPal preferred. Sold as is and no implied warranties. Contact me at: wa8mea (at) hotmail.com

Icom 725 2.5.jpg

Icom 725 3.5.jpg Icom 725 4.5.jpg

Icom 725 5.5.jpg Icom 725 6.5.jpg Icom 725 7.5.jpg

KT5OT and KI4FSZ like this.
  2. WA8MEA

Features
    All Mode, Analog S/RF Meter, 180-10 Meters (including WARC bands since radio transmit is unlocked), 10 Hz Tuning, All Mode Squelch, 10 Hz Display, CW break-in, Sharp LCD, 26 Memories, Dial Lock, RIT, Preamp, Noise Blanker, Scanning.

The Icom IC-725 covers all ham bands for TX 160 to 10 meters. There is a sensitive 500 kHz to 30 MHz general coverage receiver built in. Power is 10 to 100 watts SSB/CW. The 725 is ideal for base, portable or mobile operation. It features dual digital VFOs, all-mode squelch, built-in speaker, snap-down tilt-bar, built-in 10 dB pre-amp, 20 dB attenuation. Enjoy 26 memories and three types of scanning. This radio requires 13.8 VDC at 20 amps.

NO TRADES.

WW8H likes this.
  3. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

how much for local pickup?

KC3FPA likes this.
  4. WA8MEA

Tell you what, Marc. You can come to my home and try out the rig. I will sell it for $350 and throw in a switching power supply that's just sitting in my box; brand new and never used.

Or, I can meet you in Marshall so you don't have to drive that far. I will still throw in the power supply. (But you can't give it a test drive in Marshall.)

N4UVR, WA4MFK, KE4YMX and 1 other person like this.
  5. WA8MEA

Price dropped to $365 shipped CONUS.

6. AE1CT

AE1CT Ham Member QRZ Page

DOES IT HAVE THE AM/FM BOARD

7. WA8MEA

I honestly don't know. I have never run FM on HF, so I have never even attempted it. And I don't want to open up the case to look, because I NEVER opened it myself and I would bet money nobody has opened it before. All the screws look totally unblemished. As I said, this was purchased from an estate sale and I was told the guy barely used the rig. Protective cellophane was still on the rig.

I also took the rig out of line so I can't run it into a dummy load and test. Sorry.

I have noted this question by others related to similar rigs. Is there a lot of 10 meter repeater operation in the big cities?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 12:48 AM
  8. WA8MEA

Well thanks a lot fellas! I thought I would extend the courtesy of attempting to see if this unit had the AM/FM module. While transmitting on 75, and finding no output on AM & FM, the rig decided to quit working on 75 meters altogether!

No good deed goes unpunished!!!

PLEASE PULL THIS DAMN AD!!!!

9. WI9L

WI9L Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to be cocky.. What do you want for the rig shipped now.?? As is..

10. WA8MEA

Unless you make me an offer I cannot refuse...

I am putting this away for an emergency rig. All the other bands work except for 75/80 transmit. So it will serve a good emergency purpose...

Interesting. The spectrum that is no longer transmitting is from 2 MHz to 4 MHz. Everything else is FB.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 5:17 PM
  11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.